Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We currently have an opening for an Engineering Technologist in our Kelowna, BC office location. The position offers an interesting variety of tasks on a diversified range of civil/geotechnical related projects. Our reputation is built on our ability to find innovative solutions to complex quality-of-life issues around the globe. We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking, progressive-minded attitude. Our technical professionals strive for the highest level of excellence.
- Working on municipal, commercial and industrial projects in both a field and laboratory environment
- Construction supervision of civil, geotechnical and material engineering projects
- Performing field and laboratory testing of soil, aggregates, Portland cement, asphalt and concrete including sieve analysis, density testing using nuclear density gauges, preparation of Proctors and Marshall molds, asphalt cement content, sand equivalents, Atterberg limits and moisture content, including evaluation and reporting of properties and characteristics
- Assisting in providing inspection, and quality control and assurance on a variety of laboratory and field-testing projects
- Assisting in preparation of field and testing reports
- Other duties required to conduct our business and build on the job knowledge
- The successful candidates will be trained and certified for as per CCIL requirements
- Graduated from a Civil Engineering Technology program
- 3 years of experience minimum
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver's License and must provide current drivers abstract when applying
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients is a mandatory requirement.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and listening skills
- Good time management skills, the ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to contribute to the Practice by being a team player
- Must be willing to travel and work in a field setting away from headquarters
- Be physically capable of performing the manual labour duties required
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required. As this position may be serving clients that have COVID-19 vaccination requirements for site access, we will be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (and are located outside of British Columbia).
This is a permanent full-time, salaried position. We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; First Nations Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 704 EBA
Apply on company website