Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever We are currently seeking an Environmental Compliance Specialist (Mid-level) Technician focused on utility scale energy generation and transmission industry. This is a mid-level position will perform environmental data collection to support environmental compliance efforts related to installing new transmission and distribution lines. The position will work closely with our environmental compliance team in an effort to oversee the environmental compliance requirements of issued permits for energy distribution systems throughout Central Florida.
- Conduct inspections for compliance with approved Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP).
- Oversee Contractor Compliance with other issued State and Federal Permits.
- Some knowledge of Florida's ecology is helpful, but not required.
- Majority of the work locations are on transmission corridors throughout South and Central Florida.
- The position will utilize GPS field equipment and IPad Tablets to gather and record data.
- Associates of Science degree in Ecology, Biology, Environmental Studies or other related majors OR have 2 years prior experience with Environmental Compliance.
- Experience with wetland delineations or listed species surveys is also very helpful including Gopher Tortoises, Scrub Jays, Sand Skinks, Burrowing Owls and other species.
- The position requires good verbal communication and coordination skills.
- The successful applicant will self-motivated and a team player with good communication skills.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in the Florida Climate year-round.
- Preference will be given to candidates with past experience with listed species survey protocols, knowledge of Florida upland and wetland plants and their respective communities.
- A Pre-employment drug screen in compliance with state regulations is required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record without restrictions.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on. A Pre-employment drug screen in compliance with state regulations is required.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 178 TTS
Apply on company website