Our O&M project sites offers a unique work environment that specializes in a wide variety of project sites where we are conducting specialized testing, monitoring, and performing maintenance activities at our facilities.
- Operation and maintenance activities on landfill gas (LFG) and landfill liquids collection systems.
- Perform landfill gas monitoring and tuning of well and infrastructure locations.
- Perform regular inspections and maintenance on abatement equipment (Flares, Engines, etc).
- Assist project managers with the procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies for projects.
- Perform maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance.
- Critical thinking and problem solving of complex field issues.
- Environmental data collection and interpretation and general office assistance such as filling out paperwork and submitting reports.
- Respond to LFG and landfill liquid collection systems call-out devices 24-hours per day, 7 days per week. Tetra Tech guarantees our clients a timely response to system failure within a maximum 12-hour time period.
- Travel for extended periods, if necessary –including overnight stays. It is anticipated that an EFT will travel 30-60% of the time however, this estimate may change based on client needs.
- Work effectively and efficiently as both a team and solely.
- Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped landfills and outdoor terrain.
- Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis.
- Pass a company paid, baseline health physical and drug screening, as required.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical system failures.
- Provide an aggressive and proactive approach to client needs and urgent issues that arise.
- Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, on-call, and holidays if necessary.
- Minimum High School Diploma and 1 year of general working experience.
- Preferred A.S. or B.S Degree in environmental, or other natural science (geology, biology, ecology etc.).
- Current 40 Hour HAZWOPER strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn and work with complex field monitoring equipment including: flame-ionization detectors, photo-ionization detectors, explosive gas detectors, water level detectors PH/temperature/conductivity meters, and other typical environmental monitoring equipment.
- Some heavy equipment operation, HDPE pipe fusion experience a plus.
- Ability to learn general gas, soil, and air sampling techniques including applicable environmental and health & safety regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to be familiar with operations and maintenance techniques for landfill gas and landfill fluids collection systems.
- Ability to be familiar with landfill gas data, data processing techniques and databases.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, specifically Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to create professional business documents (letters, reports, memoranda, etc.).
- Ability to build and retain mutual relationships with clients.
Due to the nature of the position being offered, this offer is contingent upon successful completion of the following:
- A background investigation. Please note that this investigation requires your consent and cooperation.
- You will be required to drive on a regular basis for Company business you must maintain a safe driving record as defined by Tetra Tech's Vehicle Safety program. This offer of employment is contingent upon successful evaluation of a motor vehicle (MVR) check.
- You will be required to successfully pass a uranalysis drug screen. Tetra Tech Solid Waste East is a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol business as such you will be subject to quarterly random drug screens where allowable by law.
- This offer is also contingent on valid proof of completed OSHA 10 Hour Construction certificate as defined by Tetra Tech
- The job offered to you and its associated essential elements of work; you will be required to pass a comprehensive Medical Examination.
- If you have received any health and safety training relevant to this regulation previously, please provide copies of certificates documenting such training.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 209 SWE
Apply on company website