Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Our Fenton, MO office seeking a Junior-level Environmental Scientist to provide support on various environmental projects throughout Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri. This position will primarily support investigations and removal activities at former lead mining areas in Jefferson, Washington, Madison and St. Francois counties and other areas in southeast Missouri. However, work at other sites throughout the four-state area may also be required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of sampling plans, field studies including the collection of soil, groundwater and indoor air samples.
- Interpretation of sample data and preparation of data summary reports.
- Regular maintenance and calibration of equipment used during field studies,
- Supporting preparedness and prevention meetings,
- Conference calls and exercises while supporting other environmental studies.
- This position will require extensive outdoor work, and may occasionally require overnight travel.
Desired Qualifications/ Education :
- B.S. degree in scientific or engineering field is required.
- Candidates should have 0 to 3 years of experience with hazardous materials, sampling of environmental media (soil, groundwater, air, etc.), environmental consulting or related activities.
- Previous experience at residential lead mine sites is preferred but not required.
- Completion of 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training and current 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher training are preferred.
- If the successful candidate does not already possess this training, Tetra Tech will provide training prior to initiating regular work duties in the field.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must also be highly motivated, customer focused and work well in a team environment.
- Experience with hand-held X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometer preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel also preferred.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website