Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech's International Development Services, based in Arlington, VA, is recruiting for a GESI Specialist to be based in New Delhi, India to support the implementation of the USAID South Asia Regional Energy Partnership (SAREP) Program. The position is full-time and is contingent upon contract award. The GESI Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party - Operations. The GESI Specialist will provide strategic advice and support the implementation of practical program initiatives on promoting increased gender equality and social inclusion as they relate to SAREP. S/he will ensure that the project activities incorporate elements to improve the quality of women's lives, increase employment opportunities for women, and greater sensitivity to GESI-related workplace and customer service issues in power sector organizations. S/he will support GESI mainstreaming in all SAREP activities.
- Develop and implement the Project's Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Action Plan to prioritize women's and disadvantaged communities' roles in households and businesses as they relate to energy production, sale, use and management of energy sector institutions;
- Provide GESI related inputs to the MEL Lead for the development of comprehensive monitoring framework and indicators for the program;
- Identify capacity development needs with regard to GESI knowledge, awareness, and practices (KAP) of the project staff and design and facilitate capacity development and training initiatives to mainstream GESI including gender-sensitive trainings/sessions to ensure the differential needs, constraints, capacities, priorities of women and men targeted by the project are understood and addressed;
- Improve the mainstreaming of gender into project activities and project management tools, including tracking of gender equality results and gender-sensitive analysis of data collected;
- Leverage consultations with women's groups and other community stakeholders to incorporate best practices in women's economic empowerment into the project;
- Identify strategic interventions to increase capacity, supply and demand of empowered women by creating an enabling environment for gender equality;
- Liaise with multiple government and private sector organizations throughout the SAREP target countries.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in political science, economics, sociology, anthropology or related social science/humanities discipline is required.
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience in gender equality analysis, planning, and integration activities for international development projects and/or private sector diversity and inclusion initiatives is required.
- Excellent language proficiency in both writing and speaking in English is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with organizations to plan for and implement gender equality interventions that create behavior change among both women and men.
Valued but not required KSA's:
- Preference will be given to individuals who have work experience in South Asian countries (Nepal, India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Maldives), working with government institutions, civil society, local communities, and private sector organizations in policy development, human resource development, and training programs.
- A master's degree in political science, economics, sociology, anthropology or related social science/humanities discipline.
- Experience working with power sector organizations (public or private) and/or infrastructure projects is preferred,
- Knowledge and experience with the energy sector is a plus.
- Fluency in any South Asian native language is highly desirable.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 154 ESI
Apply on company website