An experienced Health Physicist is needed! If you have over 10 years' experience with a strong technical background in the field of health physics, both theoretical and practical applications, Tetra Tech is looking for you.
This position will support projects and serve as a Subject Matter Expert on radiological issues. Strong familiarity and experience applying DOE, NRC, OSHA, NIOSH, US Army Corps of Engineers, ANSI, and other codes and standards pertaining to radiological aspects required.
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Your Role :
Planning and performing health physics assessments in a broad range of work environments in both the private and public sectors, including developing monitoring and sampling strategies, evaluating monitoring and sampling analytical results, and presenting conclusions clearly both verbally and in writing.
Ability to effectively work alone with little supervision and in groups. Additional duties will include developing and conducting radiological hazard assessments, employee exposure assessments, auditing and workplace inspections, developing and presenting employee training, and other duties as assigned. This will be a client-facing position.
Must possess a valid driver's license in good standing and successfully pass a Department of Motor Vehicles background check.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited college or university in Health Physics is required.
- Master of Science in Health Physics or related field is preferred.
- American Board of Health Physics certification (CHP) preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience successfully performing essential duties required
- Must have exceptionally strong English communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to effectively communicate and work with employees, supervisors and management-level staff required.
- Must be capable of performing mathematical computations common in construction safety, includingalgebra, trigonometry, logarithmic functions, and calculus required
- Computer skills will be required, including being proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe. Must be adept in preparing and delivering presentations to both craft and management-level staff.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website