Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Electrical Engineer – High Voltage based on the Bruce Power site in Tiverton Ontario. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provide technical support and oversight during planning, development, execution and commissioning of high voltage projects for substation/switchyard and generating station.
- Responsible for delivering the overall technical scope of the project as identified in scope of work document.
- Be knowledgeable of the technical and quality requirements and the regulatory codes and standards applicable to the discipline, used in the preparation and review of work procedures such as work coordination plans, commissioning plans and reports.
- Where applicable, provide input as a mandatory stakeholder during conceptual phase of the project.
- Participate in preparation and review of conceptual and preliminary Engineering reports for compliance to the overall technical scope of work, cost, and schedule.
- Coordinate with Work Management and other related stakeholders for both Online and outage project execution following weekly milestone activities.
- Prepare, review, or approve installation procedures, work coordination plans, test procedures and commissioning plans for successful implementation of the project.
- Provide technical specifications for contract documents as required. Review and evaluate vendor bids for technical details and compliance to Bruce Power requirements.
- Provide technical assistance/guidance and field support to construction personnel or other clients related to the interpretation of design information, work method and constructability based on project requirements.
- Work with field engineering/ services to provide timely response to vendor requests via RFPs, contract bids process, contract change requests and design vendor quotes.
- Participate in establishing and updating schedules for project engineering deliverables.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by the line management.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of medium and high voltage electrical equipment is an asset.
- Requires strong technical writing skills for preparing specifications, work instructions, asset management documents, and planning documents. Must have a demonstrated ability to prepare clear and concise reports. Must be able to propose recommendations and resolution to technical issues both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interface effectively with Station Operations, Station Maintenance, Station Engineering, Plant Design Engineering, Supply Chain, Construction, Training, IT and other stakeholders. Ability to interact positively with others by developing trust, mutual respect and cooperative working relationships.
- Requires experience to solve problems, to provide advice and guidance, to initiate developmental studies and to make recommendations during the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility; to evaluate components or materials, and to perform economic studies and evaluations associated with the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility and at all times to work safely.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of a 4 year University degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) within the Province of Ontario
- A period of up to and including 4 years is considered necessary to gain this experience
- Must be able to obtain Federal security clearance.
- Previous OPG, Bruce Power or Hydro One switchyard experience is considered an asset.
- Coaching, mentoring, professional services management, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Skills, knowledge, education, and experience per the above qualifications.
- Completion of Behavioural and Critical Thinking assessments.
- Technical and Competency based interview.
- Past performance record and suitability for the position.
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational and security) and professional reference checks is required. Some Tetra Tech positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
As this position may be serving clients that have COVID-19 vaccination requirements for site access, we will be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; First Nations Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website