Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI)/Colombia program is aimed at helping the Colombian government install its own flexible, and efficient rapid response capacity for quick wins; jump starting peace implementation in the most critical national security geographies, and provide punctual, strategic technical assistance across all three levels of government.
**Please note: All citizenships are eligible for this position**
The International Environmental Consultant will be responsible for reports that are regularly delivered to the Bureau Environmental Officer (BEO) throughout the year, such as the BEO Oversight Report and Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Report (EMMR). The Consultant will function as a subject matter expert and advisor on environmental topics specific to Colombia and monitor which areas that our program works in are protected or sensitive and will provide suggestions or recommendations on environmental mitigation measures as needed. They will also help respond to any questions or feedback we receive from the BEO on any documentation.
- Draft the Environmental Monitoring and Mitigation Report (EMMR) when due.
- Review the BEO Oversight Report and flag any gaps.
- Assist the team with any BEO One-Off Activity Approval documentation as needed.
- Provide additional ad hoc technical assistance as related to program environmental compliance as needed.
- Help address feedback received from the BEO as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences or related field is required. Master's Degree preferred.
- A minimum five years of experience in environmental issues and management for USAID-funded programs including regulations and instruments (EMMP, etc.) is required.
- Previous experience in handling environmental problems with indigenous communities including consultation, complaint and participation mechanisms is strongly preferred.
- Understanding USAID environmental rules and regulations is required and how they apply in Colombia in protected areas is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech's Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Organization: 216 MSI
Apply on company website