Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
We are currently seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer (Protection & Controls -Nuclear) for our Mississauga, Ontario office. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carry out with the assigned team, all engineering and design works of electrical power Transmission and Distribution & Nuclear projects.
- Be responsible for the correctness, quality and cost effectiveness of all electrical work on assigned T&D and Nuclear projects.
- Stay current with applicable Department, Discipline and Project procedures.
- Ensure that work is executed in accordance with sound engineering principles, the Project Execution Plan, Project Engineering Plan, the contract, and established procedures and practices.
- Ensure that engineering deliverables (e.g., drawings, specifications, analysis) comply with applicable government regulations, standards and sound engineering practices. Coordinates with the Discipline manager to conduct peer reviews of deliverables as required.
- Ensure that required reviews and approvals are provided and documented.
- Engage Discipline Senior Engineers as required and mentoring junior engineers.
- Recommend to the Discipline manager, the need to engage outside engineering consultants/specialists, as required; direct and remain responsible for the project related work of these consultants.
- Advise the Discipline manager on project staffing requirements.
- Review and accept project man-hour estimates for required activities and controls work to meet these estimates; plan and schedule project work of the discipline to meet project schedules, monitor progress and man-hours used, and report regularly to the Project engineer and Discipline manager on project status.
- Implement discipline work management and control tools as directed by the Project engineer and Discipline manager to manage, monitor and control work within the discipline.
- In conjunction with the Project engineer, initiate written change requests for job-hour budgets, schedules and construction commodity quantities, when required.
- Assure assigned personnel have received discipline and project required training and provide project supervision and on-the-job training of assigned personnel.
- Provide input into improvement ideas during project execution and close-out.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 7 - 12 years of working experience in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in an engineering consulting firm is considered an asset.
- Registered, or can register as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario (P.Eng)
- Preferably has previous experience in nuclear, power generation, consulting engineering fields and renewables/sustainable industries.
- Must be willing to travel to Bruce Power Nuclear Plant (Tiverton, ON) on an as required basis.
- Having experience in preparing schematic and wiring diagrams, protection and control schemes, and layout drawings is required.
- Experience in Power Station SCADA, RTU's and Substation LAN & Automation is considered an asset.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in preparing technical specification of the evaluation of proposals and will be able to review vendor drawings.
- Working experience in the study, technical knowledge and design expertise of electrical distribution systems for the power industry will be considered a huge asset.
- Working experience in a consulting environment will be considered an asset
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website