This job is cross-promoted from our Tetra Tech International Development Careers Site. Please formally apply for this position through the International Development Careers Site here: https://bit.ly/MarketsAdvisorFEWS Applications will only be considered if they are submitted there. Thank you.
Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Markets Advisor on an anticipated global project based in Washington, D.C. The goal of SPADE is to provide the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) with a flexible mechanism to provide timely technical services and support. Through the project, USAID will issue requests for studies, research, and analytical support to help BHA strengthen humanitarian response planning.
The Markets Advisor will support the design of food and agriculture market analyses using traditional and non-traditional approaches to gather, analyze and interpret data from diverse databases and multiple sources. S/he will support activities in all project countries.
* Design and conduct a variety of technical, analytical products on demand, including analyses of: food and agriculture market dynamics and market systems; Market structure, conduct and performance; Rapid rural appraisal and other qualitative assessments; Food security or agricultural sector assessments; trends in supply and demand for agricultural commodities.
* Oversee and/or coordinate the design and completion of technical tasks, including the supervision of technical consultants and specialists.
* Work with project team to assure timely completion of all deliverables.
* Work with leadership to assure knowledge sharing and quality assurance of all activities, studies, and analyses.
* Master's degree in a related subject matter area;
* A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible international work experience;
* Advanced skills in quantitative research methods and applied statistics to carry out remote research and/or utilize existing data sets for studies or products;
* Demonstrated experience supporting the implementation of complex activities in multiple countries;
* Demonstrated expertise designing technical analyses, studies and data collection strategies using both qualitative and quantitative methods; experience with food security and agriculture highly desired;
* English fluency is required; Proficiency in French, Spanish or Portuguese is preferred;
* Ability to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/MarketsAdvisorFEWS
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
- Organization: 188 ARD
Apply on company website