LOCATION: Thunder Bay, ONSTATUS: Employee or Contractor
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide and strives to provide smart solutions for challenging projects. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
Our mining and heavy industrial focused group in Thunder Bay, ON is experiencing continued growth and we are searching for Mechanical Designers at all experience levels to join our team. We specialize in small to mid-sized projects for clients across Canada. The scope of our projects range from studies to full EPCM in mining or related industries.
Mechanical Designers work on projects within the Thunder Bay team, as well as assignments from our other Canadian offices. These positions report directly to the Mechanical Staff Manager.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops safe and efficient industrial equipment and plant layouts in 3D including equipment models, locations, supports, piping, and access platforms.
- Prepares Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's) Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's) general arrangement and detailed drawings, calculations and bills of material in accordance with established codes, standards, drawings and other specifications.
- Makes arithmetic calculations, (i.e. percentages. ratio, averages), performs field measurements and inspections of materials, instruments, equipment or items to be tested for flaws or defects, observes obvious deviations in data or specifications and checks to ascertain cause.
- Complex technical decisions are reviewed with other senior technical personnel for soundness of concept. Less complex technical decisions of a routine nature are based on precedent or clearly defined procedures as guidance.
- Intermediate to Senior level designers may direct and mentor less experienced technical personnel with specific aspects of more complex tasks.
- Works under general supervision. Work is reviewed for overall compliance with design intent, proof of concept, accuracy, adequacy and conformance with prescribed procedures.
- Experience with 2D and 3D modelling, AutoCAD, MS Office
- Design experience on projects involving industrial plant layout, industrial equipment installations, pumps, piping, conveyors, chute works, plate works, pump boxes, storage bins, hoppers and tanks is considered an asset
- Experience relating to mining, forestry, or other industrial industries is considered an asset
- Ability to effectively plan time commitments on multiple concurrent projects
- College graduate in mechanical technology or comparable technical program
- 0-3 years of experience for junior positions
- 5+ years of experience for intermediate positions
- 15+ years of experience for senior positions
- Work is normally performed in a typical engineering office environment. Occasional short site assignments may be required on a periodic basis.
- Must be able to pass a drug/alcohol screen
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
In addition to rewarding job opportunities and continuous growth, we offer an enjoyable working environment, where team work is highly valued.Stay connected to us:
- Find out more about Tetra Tech Canada
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for the latest news
- Visit our Careers page, and create a profile to receive Job Alerts
- Read our Tetra Tech newsletter to see what we're doing in your community
Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter at: www.tetratech.com/careers. We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Organization: 719 ICE
Apply on company website