Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
This anticipated, five-year project will provide USAID/Senegal with strategic and technical support to improve performance management and advance Mission learning. The project will provide comprehensive MEL services, including capacity strengthening and technical support, to USAID/Senegal, local organizations, and potentially the Government of Senegal.
The M&E Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day implementation of monitoring, research, and evaluation activities. This includes improving performance monitoring systems, conducting monitoring data collection and analysis, and designing and implementing complex research/evaluation efforts. The M&E manager will directly implement technical work and will also oversee teams of consultants and partners who are implementing technical tasks. The M&E manager will be responsible for scope, technical quality, and budget for the technical tasks under their purview, with the oversight and guidance of the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist. The M&E Manager should bring expertise designing and implementing complex monitoring, research, and evaluation efforts in Senegal.
- Support the selection and engagement of local partners and consultants for monitoring, research, and evaluation activities. For each activity, design and co-facilitate training of partner/consultant teams, support team building and establishment of roles, and ensure teams are positioned for success.
- Design quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, analytical methods, and study methodologies. Review technical MEL products designed by consultants. Establish methodological processes and standards that are compliant with USAID Evaluation Policy and ADS 201 for staff to adhere to on project monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Manage day-to-day monitoring, evaluation, analysis, and assessment activities, including coordination and oversight of consultants and local partners engaged in these activities.
- Manage and arrange all interviews and schedules for evaluation and research activities, including proper protocols for requesting interviews with Government of Senegal officials.
- Ensure regular communications and updates to USAID POC on the evaluation or research task.
- Collect all background documents and ensure evaluation and research full review and analysis of the documents as preliminary findings to guide workplan development.
- Support the Senior M&E Specialist on scoping and design of technical activities. Ensure teams are efficiently implementing activities in line with established good practices, within budget, and on time. Manage implementation calendars.
- Provide field-based quality assurance throughout each research and evaluation activity including ensuring consistent use of tools, recording of interviews and focus groups and daily de-briefing sessions.
- Support development and implementation of monitoring systems through technical assistance on the range of performance monitoring topics that may include indicator development, system buildout, and other requirements as specified by ADS 201.
- Support analysis or synthesis of data across partners as needed by the Mission.
- Support capacity development colleagues' by providing subject matter expertise on M&E topics, includes designing or co-facilitating training content.
- Provide surge support on monitoring, research, and evaluation activities as needed.
- Employ strong collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) practices throughout the work, with an understanding of the USAID Program Cycle.
- Engage fully as a member of the project staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other projects events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in social sciences, demography, development studies, or a related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated experience managing concurrent monitoring, research, and evaluation activities for improved development outcomes.
- Experience playing a management role on complex mixed-methods research/evaluation efforts, including scoping, designing, data collection, analysis, and reporting to implement evaluations and other assessments. This includes managing longitudinal data (baseline/end line).
- Experience supporting design or implementation of complex monitoring systems required. This includes designing indicators and data collection tools, conducting data collection, and analyzing/reporting on monitoring data. Experience implementing monitoring systems in line with USAID requirements preferred.
- Expertise in sampling methodologies, data collection tool design, qualitative data coding and analysis, and statistical analysis and software (e.g., Stata).
- Computer literacy and competency in use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Use of quantitative and qualitative software analysis programs such as Dedoose, NVivo, Stata, SPSS or others.
- Experience developing infographics and data visualizations as part of PowerPoint presentations.
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports and disseminating findings.
- Experience developing the evaluation capacity of research/evaluation teams highly preferred.
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including with government officials at different levels.
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures. Strong familiarity with USAID's Evaluation Policy, ADS 201, CLA, and the Program Cycle. Experience with USAID's Gender Policy and ADS 205 highly desired.
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required.
- Experience implementing these MEL activities in Senegal required; familiarity with USAID/Senegal Mission is preferred.
- Authorization to work legally in Senegal required.
- Superior written and verbal skills in French and mother tongue language and working knowledge of written and spoken English required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Additional Information
- Organization: 216 MSI
Apply on company website