Are you looking for a chance to advance your career with a company who is leading with science to deliver solutions to support our clients' goals and needs? Are you interested in leading a team of talented professionals who are driven by innovation and a desire to improve the quality of life and the environment here in the Northwest? We are currently seeking a Senior Water Resources Engineer to lead our team of professionals in Washington and Oregon, delivering flood risk management, environmental restoration, and other related surface water resources management projects. This position will be centred in our Seattle, WA office. Our Northwest Water Resources Group is an interdisciplinary team within offices located in Portland, Seattle, and Spokane, with the ability to leverage Tetra Tech's Global expertise of over 20,000 staff. We primarily serve local, state, and federal government agencies and utilities across several states through a number of well-established multi-million dollar contracts. Our northwest water resources staff have successfully delivered award winning projects in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska, and Hawaii, as well as supporting other Tetra Tech offices across the U.S. and globally. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering and design of over 90 culvert replacement projects for fish passage and stream restoration throughout western WA
- Design of the first USACE dam removal project in the Pacific Northwest
- Completion of numerous river restoration projects including engineered log jams, gravel renourishment, bioengineered bank protection, wetland, and nearshore habitat restoration
- Evaluation and/or design of nearly 100 miles of levee systems throughout WA and OR (including the Columbia River projects protecting Portland)
- Design of the Nation's largest fish trap and haul facility at Mud Mountain Dam
- Completion of scientific and engineering studies in support of the FERC relicensing of Boundary Dam
- Restoration and water quality improvement of numerous public and private lakes throughout WA
- Completion of numerous river and harbor projects throughout Alaska, including projects impacted by climate change
- Hawaii-based dam safety evaluations, stormwater management, and environmental studies for harbor dredging
- Plan formulation, economic justification, preliminary design, cost estimating and permitting of the Elliott Bay Seawall Replacement project
- Green infrastructure and low impact development stormwater management projects throughout communities in WA
We are in search of a new team member to join our family of engineers and scientists with an interest in managing and expanding our Northwest Water Resources Group of approximately 20 highly technical civil and hydraulic engineers, planners, economists, and environmental scientists. In this position you will be part of the management team leading a global water company ranked #1 by ENR for 17 years running. You will have the opportunity to coordinate with other Water Division offices across the U.S. and overseas. Technical services provided to our clients include the planning, analysis, engineering, and design associated with flood risk management, environmental restoration, and other related surface water resources management projects.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Lead and support business development and strategic planning efforts to guide the capture of complex and rewarding water resources projects in priority markets.
- Supervise and direct staff to ensure optimal productivity, positive motivation, training, and employee recognition – and promote a culture of teamwork, respect, and technical excellence.
- Recruit/hire staff and direct project staffing assignments to meet client, contract, and company business objectives while providing opportunity for staff professional development and growth.
- Empower employees and foster values of respect, inclusion, and belonging.
- Oversee quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Act as client manager for select clients in the water resources industry.
- Act as program/project manager and/or provide senior level technical roles for some of the largest and most complex water resources projects and programs in the region in the area of planning, analysis, engineering and/or design associated with flood risk management environmental restoration, and other related surface water resources management projects.
- Support financial and project management oversight for the Northwest water resources team.
- Support company risk management program
- Support Northwest Region Operations Manager to ensure group performance and goals are consistent with and in support of strategic plans.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive success for the Northwest water resources team.
- Promote a safety conscious work environment.
- BS in engineering with a minimum of 15 years relevant experience in the water resources industry and a WA PE required.
- Regional client management experience and relationships with municipalities, counties, and state agencies. King County and WSDOT experience a plus.
- Water resources project design experience with municipalities, counties, and state agencies. King County and WSDOT experience a plus.
- Experience with risk management oversight
- Knowledge of project management, resources allocation, utilization, and cost control
- Demonstrated leadership ability, with the ability to engage and motivate others
- Good reasoning, conflict management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge in financial reporting and forecasting preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Welcoming community of office and group staff
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Excellence and Achievement awards for our highest performers
- Culture focused on providing industry-leading experience and high value to our clients
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives
- Competitive benefits package and learning and development opportunities
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website