Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We have exciting opportunities for experienced Civil Engineers to support the developing workload in our Civil Engineering team, based in our Bristol office. The team undertakes a wide variety of major and challenging infrastructure projects for the private and public sector, across a range of development sectors. We seek to provide integrated solutions incorporating state of the art design.
We require an experienced individual of high calibre to manage and assist in the design and detailing of Civil Engineering works associated with a wide variety of major and challenging infrastructure projects for the private and public sector.
Specifically, we are seeking to strengthen our delivery capacity and require applicants experienced in the design and management of highway and drainage infrastructure projects with experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Micro-Drainage. An understanding of flood risk assessment would be beneficial.
Projects typically range in size from £1m to £100m schemes covering defence, transport, infrastructure, healthcare, education, commercial, industrial and residential development. You will work independently and proactively on technical aspects including preparing designs, specifications, technical approval submissions and site supervision. Where appropriate you will have responsibility for managing the input of others, quality assuring outputs, delivering in accordance with agreed programmes and the commercial success of projects. There will also be the opportunity to work collaboratively with senior management on larger projects.
You will take individual responsibility for a range of project types, manage them independently and be the client's main point of contact. Where appropriate, you will instruct, supervise and mentor junior staff in the design and management of infrastructure schemes and work with clients to ensure delivery of projects to time and cost, and to help manage change.
Whilst based in Bristol, the projects are UK wide and some travel would be expected on occasion, including working outside normal office hours.
You are an enthusiastic Civil Engineer who likes a challenge.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng MICE or equivalent)
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently, a collaborative approach and a proven ability to deliver work on time and to the required quality
- Proven experience of commercial management of projects and change control
- Demonstrable experience of managing the design and input of other disciplines to achieve the desired outcomes
- Have strong experience and bring a sound knowledge and understanding of highways and drainage infrastructure. You can demonstrate your detailed design skills for private and public highways, S38 and S278 works, drainage and S104 works, including producing specifications, calculations and technical reports
- Your technical knowledge extends to the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Autotrack, KeySign, KeyLines and MicroDrainage. Experience in the use of MX/Open Roads would be desirable but not essential
- You will be fully conversant with Sewerage Sector Guidance (formerly Sewers for Adoption), The CIRIA SuDS Manual, Building Regulations, local authority and industry design standards
- Knowledge of flood risk assessment is desirable
- Able to demonstrate success of working with Statutory Authorities and procedures
- Experience of site supervision
- Commitment to encouraging good health and safety practices within the workplace and within design
- Team player displaying enthusiasm, flexibility and versatility
- Ability to mentor, encourage and support team members
- Have a desire to build upon your existing experience, continuing your professional development
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Security clearance to minimum SC level preferable or be suitable and willing to apply for clearance
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter on the Careers section of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity / shared parental leave.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 784 WYG
Apply on company website