Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking Program Managers with direct experience in FEMA grant programs and the National Flood Insurance Program.
The selected candidate's responsibilities will support the following requirements. Telecommuting and relocation may apply. 90% travel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with the Director and Deputy Directors to define and monitor staffing requirements for all functional supporting areas, such as grant management, finance/accounting, engineering, CEF, 406 Mitigation, insurance, and project services.
• Support Tetra Tech's business development initiatives
• Collaborate and Respond quickly to Director and Deputy Directors to support the implementation of projects and organizational efforts to ensure timely, cost effective delivery of high quality products
• Oversee the efforts of assigned staff to ensure they carry out project-specific activities and meet project objectives.
• Prepare project work plans, schedules, cost estimates and other planning documents to meet client objectives and requirements.
• Monitor project execution to ensure conformance with corporate procedures.
• Monitor project execution to ensure compliance with all laws, regulation, and policies pertaining to FEMA programs
• Design and Monitor project work records to ensure they are maintained and accessible to meet client needs and auditory requirements
• Direct business management aspects of a project to maintain the project profitability objectives and required ROIs.
• Ensure timely invoicing, AR tracking and the minimization of non-billable project costs.
• Negotiate plans, schedules and estimates within the financial limits of a project.
• Responsible for baseline management of projects, implementing all change management aspects.
• Maintain communication with clients and customer representatives to ensure satisfaction and to monitor supplemental work requirements.
• Present technical papers at professional society or industry trade meetings.
• Perform various other duties as assigned.
• Maintain knowledge of FEMA grant programs in order to interact with clients (grantees and sub-grantees), federal agency representatives, peers, managers and project staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Exercise normal supervisory responsibility with respect to subordinates, including those associated with performance appraisals, selection, and delegation of authority, work assignment and definition of areas of responsibility.
• Responsible for the training and development of employees under his/her direction in order to increase their proficiency in satisfying current job requirements, and enhance their potential for advancement to more responsible positions.
• Provide leadership and direction setting for project staff to work as a cohesive team.
• Ensure a positive and non-hostile work environment exist at all project sites.
• Maintain knowledge of FEMA grant programs in order to interact with clients (grantees and sub-grantees), federal agency representatives, peers, managers and project staff
• Masters' degree from an accredited institution (preferred but not required)
• 5-10 years of applicable experience (consulting and/or experience in state or federal grantor agencies is preferred)
• Working knowledge of federal grant programs, specifically FEMA grant programs, including related statutes, regulations, policies and processes. A combination of industry experience and degree may be substituted.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• PC, Microsoft Office Suite knowledge required (specifically strong Excel skills)
• Ability to learn project-specific computer systems as needed (specifically SharePoint and proprietary computer systems)
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 105 TDR
Apply on company website