Tetra Tech's High Performance Buildings Group brings together the expertise of talented engineers, commissioning agents, and energy analysts from around the world. We offer high-end, sustainable building consulting and MEP engineering services for blue-chip clients across every building sector. Our services include MEP design, Net Zero Energy, lighting design, commissioning, vertical transportation, low voltage, information technologies, security, fire engineering, sustainability consulting, and acoustics. We are Better Together—Powered by Innovation.
Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company, is a leader in Sustainable Design. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and want to bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are engineers for a sustainable future!
The Project Coordinator supports the Project Manager in day-to-day non-technical and semi-technical project functions, including tasks related to project scope, budget, schedule, and the coordination of team members and sub-consultants. This position requires an understanding and proficiency in project management process and terminology, as well as engineering and construction methodology, and client relationship management.
- Attend internal and external project meetings. Take notes, record action items, follow-up with internal team on action items. Individual needs to have experience in MS Teams and MS OneNote.
- This individual needs to have design/construction experience and needs to understand the design and construction processes.
- This position will take care of the administrative end of the Glumac management staff supporting the project.
- 5+ years plus experience preferred.
- Takes initiative in assisting with project functions
- Ensures confidentiality in sensitive business matters and financials.
- Assist the Project Manager in providing project management leadership and independent judgment as needed.
- Acts as secondary point of contact for the client and all team members.
- Supports maintaining project schedule.
- Supports the Project Manager in performing change, risk, and contract management procedures.
- Writes ASRs and contracts; tracks modifications.
- Assesses vendor and sub-consultant proposals/contracts.
- Supports managing project costs, budgets, and resources.
- Performs cost tracking and cost analysis functions (including ETC, EAC, etc.)
- Manages billings, schedules of values, and sub-contracts in conjunction with Project Accountant
- Mitigates budget overruns
- Maintain current project information and labor planning
- Coordinates project team members and manages information/issues between team.
- Assists client, sub-consultants, and Glumac team members
- Facilitates team meetings
- Manages the coordination and timely completion of all project records, including drawings, specifications, RFIs, submittals, and meeting minutes. Provides assistance with final QA/QC coordination of all such documentation at project milestones.
- Coordinates with city permitting offices for procurement of permits.
- Performs Construction Administration (CA) support, including punch-list and as-built documentation management.
Relationship to others
- Reports directly to the Technical Project Administrator and works closely with the Project Manager and other members of the project team.
- Typically acts as the “hub of the wheel” in coordination and communication with others.
- Able to lead and motivate team members to ensure project success.
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of MEP engineering, project management processes and terminology, and construction methodology.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Person must be detail oriented and must be computer systems savvy.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, competing priorities, and changing work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
- Strong client relationship management skills.
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.glumac.com or www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at https://www.glumac.com/careers/#open-positions or www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including but not limited to, women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 150 GTT
Apply on company website