Are you a confident leader with proven land development and project management experience? Are you known as someone who can motivate, mentor and coach to get the best results from your team? If you are a creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit, then you need to consider Tetra Tech.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 20,000 employees and over 400 offices worldwide Tetra Tech strives to improve the quality of life through innovative, sustainable solutions that help our clients reach their goals for water, environment, energy, infrastructure, and resource management projects. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, we are home to some of the best minds in the country, including nationally renowned subject matter experts. Whether we are contemplating the restoration of our environment or helping to revitalize our urban centers, we are thinking of clear sustainable solutions to resource management and infrastructure challenges. In fact, it's much more than what can be done today; it's what we'll be able to do tomorrow. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently searching for a Senior Civil Engineer-Land Development to oversee our team in southwestern Pennsylvania. Your responsibility will be to build and lead a team of engineers, designers, and technical staff who provide design services for various projects with public and private clients focused on land development. You may also be called on to support other projects/programs across the Midwest and Atlantic seaboard.
Are you someone who:
• can work effectively with the business development and engineering teams to ensure complete and accurate solutions;
• is self-motivated, and able to function with little direction;
• can lead a team to meet project goals;
• has excellent mathematical and computation skills; and
• possesses a strong knowledge and proven experience of civil engineering site development and construction.
What you will do:
• Provide oversight and design support to on-going and new projects related to site design/layout and development for land development and linear corridor projects.
• Lead design teams in all aspects of project design and ensure projects are completed within scope, schedule and budget.
• Prepare and submit various types of permit applications associated with environmental impacts and storm water management located in Pennsylvania, at a minimum.
• Identify and apply appropriate storm water control Best Management Practices (BMP) for both construction and post-construction phases of a project.
• Interpret current and future state and federal promulgated regulations for projects and properly apply to design and environmental permitting activities.
• Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of technical work in a part of a major project or in a total project of complex scope.
• Interface with Client Project Managers, government regulators, other contractors and other representatives.
• Participate in business development activities including but not limited to client presentations and proposal preparation.
What you bring to Tetra Tech :
• 15+ years of related experience.
• Experience with designing and reviewing storm water management controls utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley or HydroCad software.
• Experience in sizing BMP's.
• Experience interfacing with state and local agencies as well as community boards for project planning is beneficial.
• A proven track record in marketing new clients and maintaining existing clients is a plus.
• Experience as a Site Development Group Manager is preferred.
• Additionally, candidates must be able to perform other project tasks involving site investigation, evaluation of permitting requirements, evaluation of environmental conditions, and determination.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is required.
• Professional Engineering licensure in Pennsylvania is required (OH, WV a plus).
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website