Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Planner to support our established and growing business areas in the renewable energy and development sector. This position may be in a Tetra Tech office in California, Colorado, Texas, Washington DC, or Alabama.
- The successful applicant will have a background in environmental planning and permitting, in particular NEPA, with the skills necessary to support project managers and lead tasks related to environmental review and regulatory permitting for a variety of projects in the US for Department of Defense clients
- The Planner should also have experience with agency consultation, coordination of technical teams and contractors providing technical deliverables; providing support for public outreach; and application of state and county land use requirements
- The Planner will have the ability and experience to support complex projects in a dynamic work environment, have strong critical thinking capabilities, and have a flexible approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), planning, and organizational skills are required
- Must have demonstrated writing skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- This position requires a team-oriented professional with a strong attention to detail, and a proven commitment to quality management and client satisfaction
- The Planner should also have excellent communication skills as the position requires frequent and effective interaction with clients, regulatory agencies, other team members and the public
- Possess a Bachelor's degree but preferably a graduate degree in environmental sciences, urban/regional planning, environmental policy, environmental studies, and/or related field
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience with NEPA environmental assessments and EIS, and federal, state, and local regulatory compliance/permitting.
- Experience in preparing and processing various county, state, and federal land use permits as well as preparation of documents to meet the requirements of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is preferred
- Have excellent research, analytical, writing, oral communication and organizational skills
- Have the ability to work independently and to communicate clearly and work closely with team members located in other offices
- Have strong task management skills to successfully manage project teams and deliverables.
- Preference for work experience in environmental consulting
- Competency with basic business computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Office)
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website