Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Summary: Tetra Tech, Inc. is seeking a full time Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager to support our coal combustion residual (CCR), dams, mining, oil & gas, and other geo-environmental pursuits and projects. This position reports through Senior Project Management in our Pittsburgh, PA office. The focus of this position will be on commercial/industrial client programs in the U.S. but may also include support related to our Federal, State, and Local programs and international projects. Desired qualifications for the position include:
- Oversee projects, direct and lead project teams, engineering, and design staff, serve as Engineer-of-Record on design and design-build projects, and manage client expectations.
- Plan and coordinate geotechnical & geophysical investigations, instrumentation programs, and in-situ & laboratory testing programs (soils & rock, coal combustion residuals/byproducts, mine tailings, construction materials, geosynthetics).
- Originate geotechnical analyses and designs for dams (earth, coal ash, coal refuse and mine tailings), cofferdams, traditional & specialty geo-structures, deep foundations, and ground improvement programs.
- Prepare design documentation reports and calculation briefs and coordinate preparation of construction document packages (drawings, specifications, CQA/CQC manuals).
- Prepare and conduct visual and verbal presentations to internal and external clients, government regulators, other consultants and contractors, and other stakeholders, focused on report conclusions (analyses summary, conclusions, and recommendations).
- BS degree in civil engineering from a U.S. college or university with an ABET-accredited civil/geotechnical engineering program is required, MS is preferred.
- At least 10 years of related experience.
- Candidate must be a registered professional engineer.
- Computer skills must encompass the Microsoft Office software suite, widely used geotechnical analysis and design software, and numerical analysis and modeling software among that described above.
- Experience in liquefaction assessment/triggering analyses and deterministic and probabilistic seismic hazard analysis (DSHA, PSHA) is a plus.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 212 OGA
Apply on company website