Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, defence, energy, and international development.
You will work across numerous sectors, including water, defence and nuclear as part of our Geospatial team within the Management & Surveying Business Unit of Tetra Tech UK. We deliver a combination of single and multi-disciplinary projects for our clients. This role offers a wide variety of projects to undertake due to the varying project locations, technical requirements and sectors.
The role will involve:
- Dealing with mapping requests from across the business
- Sourcing, preparing and analysing data to prepare graphics, metrics and reports in order to help non-GIS users understand the data we are presenting
- Using Survey123, Dashboards and Insights to create internal applications to help deliver projects for clients
- Assisting on projects with a significant proportion of data analysis, management and mapping
- Capturing, updating and maintaining datasets for use internally and externally
- Supporting the GIS team with delivering projects as needed
- Helping to improve our current use and deployment of GIS technology to raise quality and efficiencies, including the introduction of new technologies.
The role will be initially home based, but once we are able to return to the office, this will be based in our Southampton office.
- A relevant degree in GIS, environmental sciences or geographical sciences, with advanced knowledge of GIS software or work experience and qualifications reflecting a similar level of expertise
- Experience with ESRI stack, particularly ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, Survey123, Collector and AGOL
- The ability to work efficiently and respond quickly to meet deadlines, whilst working on several projects simultaneously
- Good knowledge of using UK environmental and Ordnance Survey datasets
- A proactive, organised and effective approach to your work and an appetite for diverse projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Suitability for security clearance
The following are desirable skills, but not essential:
- Experience of working alongside teams in the delivery of data analysis and mapping.
- Experience with ArcGIS extensions, including Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst and Network Analyst, Insights and Dashboards.
- Experience with using ESRI's SWEET application
- Experience of using FME and/or Data Interoperability with ESRI stack.
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise and/or enterprise geodatabases.
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Phase 1 Habitat Maps or other Ecology related studies.
- Knowledge of other GIS or CAD software.
- Python scripting, including ArcPy.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity.
We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at Tetra Tech Europe Careers - Jobs (selectminds.com) We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.
- Organization: 784 WYG
Apply on company website