Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are seeking a Geologist/Engineer/Scientist for immediate employment in the Austin, Texas office. Desired applicant will have a minimum of five years of experience in planning and completing soil and groundwater assessments including groundwater and soil sampling, logging of soil borings and groundwater wells, and the reporting of investigative results. Experience including coordinating, planning, organizing and conducting investigations and remedial activities is required. A proven track record and experience in the oil and gas environmental industry is beneficial. Candidate must be highly motivated, client-focused, and work well in a professional and team-oriented environment. Candidate must also have the ability to manage a heavy workload and travel as needed. Excellent written and verbal communication, client interaction and organizational skills, as well as proficiency with MS Office applications required. Experience utilizing the ENFOS system is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating, planning and organizing soil and groundwater investigations.
- Managing and planning remedial activities, such as excavations.
- Assisting with project management including preparing budget estimates and subcontractor coordination.
- Assisting with Health and Safety assessments and audits of project sites and project teams.
- Developing work plans and reports for various types of investigations and environmental site assessments and remediation projects.
- Reviewing and interpreting data to determine path forward.
- Adhering to project plan, budget and timetable.
- Reviewing data and documents for technical accuracy.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline.
- Five years of experience.
- Completion of 40-hour OSHA-HAZMAT training
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations
- Strong oral and written communication/interpersonal skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work will be primarily from the Austin, TX office. Travel required.
LANGUAGE/COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Applicants should be English speaking and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, basic computer skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Applicant should possess basic math skills.
OTHER SKILLS: Applicants should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, basic computer skills, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently. Computer Skills must include Microsoft Windows Word and Excel.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 212 OGA
Apply on company website