Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
What You'll Get To Do
Tetra Tech's Bellevue, WA design center is currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer in San Juan, PR to join our multi-disciplined team which specializes in innovative planning, engineering, and design solutions for dams, flood risk reduction, inland navigation, waterfront, ports, hydropower, and transit structures.
In this position you will work closely with national industry leaders and local experts to support clients with structural design support. You will provide expertise for marine facilities, concrete and steel bridges, flood walls, pump stations, navigation locks, dam structures, and waterfront structures. This position offers multiple growth opportunities, in both technical expertise and project management as part of our team.
More About This Role
- Structural design and analysis of civil works structures, pump stations, and bridges. The work includes both analysis of existing structures and design of new or replacement structures.
- Design and analyze structures to meet project specific and code requirements utilizing both hand and finite element analysis. Experience with seismic analysis is desirable.
- Develop engineering design calculation packages for structural analysis and design of reinforced concrete and structural steel.
- Perform complex assignments exercising judgment in evaluation, selection, and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures. This includes solving problems using combinations of standards and modified standard procedures or methods developed in prior assignments.
- Prepare contract documents, including plans and specifications.
- Report writing.
- Coordinate and communicate design solutions with clients and other engineering disciplines – including presentations, reports, studies, design review meetings, and training.
- Provide direction and oversight to junior staff working as part of your team on projects.
- Mentor staff to support development of their structural expertise
- Consult with suppliers or contractors to interpret specifications or other contract criteria.
- Assist with project planning, cost estimating, proposals, project management, and marketing.
- Other duties as assigned
You'll Bring These Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (Master's Degree desired).
- 15+ years of relevant structural engineering experience.
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) certification (Required); SE preferred.
- Hands on experience in concrete and steel design projects (structural design methods, codes and standards, detail development, plans and specifications,).
- Experience using complex FEA/structural analysis software programs (such as SAP2000, ANSYS, CSIBridge, and/or LPILE). Microsoft Office software and CADD/BIM experience / understanding desired.
- Demonstrated educational and relevant work experience showing strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication skills and willing to work both independently and in a team environment, both in person and virtual
What We Can Offer You
- The chance to work on multi-disciplinary teams, collaborating with scientists, engineers, geologists, and biologists to take projects from design through construction. You'll be able to see projects through from start to finish.
- A small, entrepreneurial-minded office that's backed by the resources of a large, international company.
- A passionate team of co-workers who work hard and respect the importance of work-life balance – really!
- The opportunity to think outside the box to develop innovative solutions to client problems, and the support to implement your ideas.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website