This is an excellent opportunity for a Structural Engineer, in our Southampton office, to become part of a team working on a variety of high-profile projects throughout the UK.
The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop personally and professionally, as an engineer.
As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will be involved in diverse projects and will deliver innovative design solutions across a broad range of clients across multiple sectors. Forging a strong relationship with every client, you will support teams and the growth of our Southampton office, providing structural engineering design and technical reports.
Ideally, your portfolio will encompass everything from health, education, defence, residential, commercial, mixed use developments to heritage and industrial.
The role will require the applicant to be willing to obtain sector related security clearances.
Main Purpose of Position:
- Undertake design of Structural Engineering elements using a variety of materials
- Undertake condition surveys and prepare technical reports
- Provide technical assistance to the members of the structural engineering team
- Assist other members of the structural engineering team to ensure project delivery within agreed timescales and budgets
- Expected to exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making related to the accomplishment of the team's objectives
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, regulations and site procedures or instructions
- Assist in the contract administration of projects and ensure that time and budgetary requirements are met
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors and other consultants, as required
- Educated to degree level in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Chartered or approaching Chartered status with the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) or Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Experience working in a structural engineering consultancy environment
- Experience in the use of Structural Engineering design software (ideally Tekla Structural Designer or SCIA Engineer)
- Experience in the use of REVIT to interrogate models and preferably also AutoCAD
- Knowledge of both British Standards and Eurocodes and their implementation
- Experience and ability of working within project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors and other consultants, at all levels
- Be suitable for security clearance (to a minimum SC level)
- Full UK driving licence
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter on the Careers section of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity / shared parental leave.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.
- Organization: 784 WYG
Apply on company website