Tetra Tech is looking for a staff biologist to provide support on large public utility construction projects and environmental restoration projects. This position requires the employee to be a U.S. Citizen due to the projects they will be working on.
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
• Assist the Project Manager in leading and organizing environmental teams and coordinating team member responsibilities to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and permits.
• Develop biological monitoring plans and reports.
• Perform biological monitoring at various locations throughout California.
• Effectively communicate biological and environmental issues to construction staff.
• Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• A bachelor's degree in biology, environmental science, or related field is required.
• 3+years of experience in environmental consulting or related experience is preferred.
• Experience with biological monitoring in California is a plus.
• Candidate must be able and available to travel throughout California approximately 25% of the time.
• Must possess a valid driver's license in good standing.
• 40-hour HAZWOPER certification with current 8-hour refresher is preferred.
• This position requires travel throughout Central and Northern California, occasionally with short notice.
• Fieldwork may be required in remote areas and in rugged terrain.
• Must be fluent in the English language – writing and speaking.
• Strong oral and written communication / interpersonal skills are a must.
Salary range $60,000-75,000
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website