Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore a different kind of company - one that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards. We provide world-class engineering and scientific solutions to our clients in the municipal, federal, quasi-governmental, maritime and commercial sectors. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and fields of study. They represent the best in their respective disciplines and specializations. Together, they make it possible to assemble multidisciplinary teams that provide clients with a full-service approach to their unique needs.
From our roots performing Environmental work in Norfolk, we have progressively expanded our services and client base. We are a values-based consulting engineering and sciences company that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards to our employees. We are part of the NUS family of Tetra Tech (NASDAQ: TTEK) companies, with over $2.9B in revenue, 20,000 employees and 450 offices worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Mid to Senior-Level Stormwater Engineer Project Manager to join our Norfolk Engineering and Compliance Group. This position will be part of a dynamic team of engineers and scientists engaged in a wide range of stormwater projects providing planning, compliance and engineering services in a wide range of water resources disciplines, including water quality modeling, TMDL and MS4 permit compliance, hydrology and hydraulics, shoreline stabilization, stormwater management, resilience, and civil engineering.
The ideal candidate is passionate about and enjoys working on a wide variety of water resources and environmental projects from planning through to design and construction, including: stormwater management, hydrology/hydraulics, water quality, and sustainable design and construction services for water resources infrastructure. The ability to connect with clients, manage projects and teams, and see tasks through to completion is critical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Stormwater Engineer/Project Manager will play a key role in planning and design projects as a Technical Leader and Manager in the Tidewater Virginia area. The individual will lead stormwater compliance and stormwater infrastructure project design development, responsible for financial management of projects, ensuring key deadlines are met, and that project team members and design disciplines work together collaboratively and effectively. Major duties/responsibilities of the position include:
• Support municipal and federal MS4 programs, lead teams in water quality modeling, stormwater master planning, and education and outreach.
• Supervise, plan, design, prioritize and provide project management expertise for major stormwater quality planning and design projects.
• Manage the preparation feasibility studies, design plans, specifications, cost estimates, technical documents and contracts.
• Must be able to build and manage teams. Supervision of staff may be required. This could include coaching and mentoring, scheduling, performance reviews, and other supervisory duties.
• Participate in the professional community, build the Tetra Tech brand, and bring new work in the door.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 8-12 years of progressive experience in modeling, design, and analysis of stormwater/water resources projects for municipalities and other entities in Virginia, preferably the Tidewater area.
• Strong understanding of the Clean Water Act, NPDES programs, and experience supporting MS4 communities.
• Registered PE (Civil) in the state of Virginia (or can get licensure quickly)
• Recent experience with the design of sustainable green infrastructure, including subsurface storage and infiltration, bioretention basins, bioswales, green streets, and constructed wetlands.
• A strong knowledge of water quality regulations and the Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) programs.
• Ability to lead a multi-disciplined team of engineers and designers in the preparation of construction drawings, details, specifications, calculations, and engineers estimate of probable construction costs. Experience with living shorelines is a plus.
• Strong project management skills including the ability to manage tasks for technically complex projects.
• Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of safe work practices and the ability to train employees on corporate safety guidelines.
• Effective time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Some travel and field work may be required.
Other Skills and Requirements:
Effective oral and written communication essential to this position. Must be fluent in the English language; both in speaking and writing. Report and proposal writing for a range of projects is required.
Public speaking is encouraged, and facilitation skills are a plus. A valid drivers' license in good standing is required. Hydrologic, Hydraulic and Water Quality Modeling skills desired. Typical models include SWMM, HEC-RAS, TR-55, HY-8, HydroCAD, Hydraflow, and Microsoft Office.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 112 NUS
Apply on company website