Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are seeking a Water Resource Engineer (Mid-level) with Hydrologic/Hydraulic (H&H) modeling experience in wetland restoration, hydroperiod restoration, multi-basin large watersheds, FEMA flood studies, backwater analysis, pre vs. post storm event analysis, water control structure and channel analysis, and assessment of impacts on local communities and environment.
- Perform data collection, cleaning, and pre-processing of large datasets, such as hydrologic observations, flow, stage, and rainfall data.
- Perform analytical hydrologic/hydrodynamic (H&H) modeling including the gathering and developing of required input data (i.e. soils types, landuse, topo, rainfall, evapotranspiration, structure /channel geometry), H&H model calibrations, analyzing results, modeling alternative designs and evaluation, and prepare technical reports.
- Utilize specialized computer software for the analysis, design, and plan production of stormwater systems, such as ICPR, S2DMM, MODFLOW, Arc-GIS, HECRAS.
- Prepare environmental documentation for regulatory permitting and compliance, data management and analysis, and field work.
- Make decisions and design or develop solutions to problems by applying accepted procedures and methodologies.
- Prepare detailed scope of work, cost estimates and proposals.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Must be an Engineering Intern (EI) and be able to sit for the PE within 6 months or a Florida P.E. (Professional Engineer) with 5 years to 8 years' experience.
- The position will require some field work, travel, and working with other Tetra Tech offices.
- Must have experience with AutoCad, Arc-GIS, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project), and H&H modeling software (such as ICPR, S2DMM, HECRAS, MODFLOW, MODRET, etc).
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently.
- Must have a valid Florida Divers License.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website