Looking for a HR professional that has Oracle Taleo experience, to join our Production Support team. Be part of the dynamic group to support the new Recruit Onboarding module for the Statewide Fiscal Systems section of the Comptroller of Public Accounts.
**APPLICANTS WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY; YOUR APPLICATION IS STILL BEING CONSIDERED.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS:
Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. In order to complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In (Link: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/304/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en )
All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Fiscal Management - Statewide Fiscal Systems
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week with occasional evening, weekend and holiday hours. Hours may change based on business needs and may vary in accordance with division policies for Work Alternative Schedules (WALT).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides CAPPS HR/Payroll production support by primarily supporting the CAPPS Recruit and Onboarding modules. Utilizes advanced recruiting technologies to promote an optimal recruiting experience for CAPPS users. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs configuration based on direct interaction with designated agency personnel and in accordance with established processes, workflows, and best practices.
• Translates business requirements into technical specifications to build innovative solutions.
• Works with system SMEs to define integrations and data sharing needs.
• Develops functional design documents for required system enhancements.
• Validates results of system test scripts to ensure functionality of requested code changes have met the goal of functional design documents.
• Assists with system upgrades, releases and disaster recovery activities.
• Provides training assistance and User Acceptance Testing support for designated agency personnel.
• Communicates complex concepts both verbally and in writing.
• Performs other related tasks and responsibilities as required or assigned in response to business need.
All production support is expected to account for the system interdependencies with other functionality, modules, legacy systems, reporting needs, and overall data integrity.
Customer Service: Provides all customer-facing responsibilities in support of the CAPPS production instance for both Central and Hub agencies. Customer Service duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provides Help Desk coverage by responding to CAPPS Support Requests on the Help Line, the shared email account, and the Service Request ticketing system.
• Responds to written inquiries expeditiously and professionally.
• Assesses and properly escalates Service Requests.
System support: Provides highly advanced analysis of the CAPPS production system for both Central and Hub instances. Production support duties include, but are not limited to:
• Evaluates business needs, analyzes processes and creates business cases for changes and process improvements.
• Identifies problems and proposes innovative solutions.
• Develops reporting and system requirements.
• Provides system expertise and functional support throughout the application development and application change processes.
• Maintains all associated documentation.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration, Communications, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems.
• Six (6) years of experience with process or systems analysis work on any one or combination of the following: human resources, time and labor, position management, payroll, performance
management, learning management, talent acquisition management, and employee/manager self-service systems.
• Two (2) years of experience with process or systems analysis work in the Oracle Taleo Recruiting Cloud Services, including Fluid Recruiting and OBI reporting, and/or the Oracle Taleo
Onboarding Cloud Service Transitions module.
• Expertise with Oracle HCM Cloud Taleo Enterprise products.
• Proficiency with Oracle Taleo Recruiting and Transitions (Onboarding), version 15.A and higher.
• Experience administering and configuring Oracle Taleo Recruiting and Transitions (Onboarding).
• Proficient in Oracle Business Intelligence reporting.
• Knowledge of Taleo Client Connect, version 14B or higher.
• Strong Human Resource (HR) systems knowledge and business analytical skills.
• Strong knowledge of HR recruitment processes and procedures.
• Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft, version 9.1 or higher, core HR module.
• Developing requirements, analyzing, designing, developing, testing and implementing components of the Comptroller's statewide financial systems (Centralized Accounting and
Payroll/Personnel System, Human Resource Information System, Standardized Payroll/Personnel Reporting System, Uniform Statewide Payroll/Personnel System, Texas Identification
Number System, State Property Accounting System and Uniform Statewide Accounting System).
• Experience working with Texas state government processes, policies and procedures.
• Experience creating training curricula, conducting training classes, and evaluating training classes or programs.
• Experience managing large projects and programs.
• Experience participating in ERP initiatives.
One additional year of process or systems analysis work on any one or combination of the following: human resources, time and labor, position management, payroll, performance management, learning management, talent acquisition management, and employee/manager self-service systems, may substitute for each year (30 semester hours) of the required education with a maximum of 120 semester hours (four years).
Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Society of Human Resource Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), Society of Human Resource Management-Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to primarily perform sedentary office work; however, mobility (standing and walking) is routinely required to carry out some duties. It requires extensive computer, telephone and client/customer contact. It requires the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and reach as needed for filing and similar routine office duties. The job also requires normal cognitive abilities requiring the ability to learn, recall, and apply certain practices and policies. It requires the stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions. Marginal or corrected visual and auditory requirements are required for reading printed materials and computer screens and communicating with internal and external customers.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Software development life cycle methodology
• Software change control processes
• Structured query language
• Human resources, payroll, and accounting processing procedures
• Using standard office software and equipment
• Performing business or systems analysis using a defined methodology
• Using a personal computer in a Windows environment and Microsoft software
• Identifying and analyzing resources needed and actions to be taken to ensure division needs are met with a quality product
• Prioritizing, identifying and communication project resources and updates needed to complete multiple projects concurrently within scheduled deadlines
• Effectively conveying information and encouraging an exchange of ideas (Communication)
• identifying, defining and solving problems (Problem Solving)
• Willingly share information and expertise with others
• Identify and communicate personal training and development needs to supervisor with personal development plan at the beginning of each appraisal cycle; attend, apply and share training
information with section personnel
• Work with others to achieve a common goal (Teamwork)
• Adjust to changing workplace demands (Adaptability)
• Meet the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (Customer Service)
• Effectively demonstrate skill and ability to perform the specific job duties and tasks as defined by a job description (Technical Competence)
• Be dependable, meet deadlines and produce high-quality work (Workload Management/Productivity)
In order to receive veteran's preference a copy of your DD214, VA disability rating (if applicable) or a DD1300 must be attached to your application.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 25B, IT, 3D0X4 or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications. Please call Human Resources, CPA Veterans Liaison at 512-475-3560/800-531-5441 for more information or assistance.
Go to http://www.texasskillstowork.com, http://www.onetonline.org, or www.careeronestop.org for assistance translating your military experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications/requirements and skill sets.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be found at: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx
We fully recognize, honor and enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and encourage opportunities to hire Veterans, Reservists and Guardsmen.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO THE CANDIDATE:
Candidates may be asked to participate in a skills demonstration and/or presentation.
Salary is contingent upon qualifications and is subject to salary administration and budgetary restrictions.
CPA employees in the same job classification, if selected, will be laterally transferred with no increase in salary. (An example might be an Accounts Examiner III in Revenue Administration who moves to an Accounts Examiner III in the Enforcement division.)
Complete copies of college transcripts must be furnished to the divisional hiring representative at the time of the interview for positions requiring a college degree, and/or specific educational credits.
Unless otherwise indicated on specific postings, regular attendance is an essential job requirement of all positions. Your application for employment with the Comptroller of Public Accounts may subject you to a criminal background check. All positions requiring a degree and/or licensing require proof of degree and/or license at time of interview. If you are scheduled for an interview and require any reasonable accommodation in our interview process, please inform the hiring representative who calls you to schedule your interview. Whenever possible, please give the hiring representative sufficient time to consider and respond to your request. Only applicants scheduled for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for considering employment at the Comptroller of Public Accounts! The Comptroller's office is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Apply on company website