Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Renal Med/surg Department.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Ave. Fort Worth, TX
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.82/hr. - based on relevant experience
Shift is 7:00 am-7:00 pm or 7:00 pm -7:00 am-full-time, (3)12 hour shifts, weekends and holidays required
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, a Magnet facility, is in search of a Registered Nurse for our Renal med/surg unit. Our 28 bed Renal unit is a cohesive team environment that improves the quality of care for the Post transplant (kidney) patient and Med/surg Renal patient . Patients are admitted to this floor for complications after a transplant or their body is rejecting the transplant ie. kidney failure or infections. Our unit population, in addition to post transplant patients, encompasses complex patients with renal diagnosis, both chronic and acute, often with multiple comorbidities, and may be initiating Hemodialysis in our neighboring Hemodialysis unit on the same floor. We also serve the patient population that requires peritoneal dialysis. As a unit dedicated to the continuum of renal health we practice preventative and restorative nursing care, and in some cases participate in the transplant process, providing an expert home for their future care. The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate's Degree Nursing Required. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BSN preferred
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
• CPI training within 60 days of hire
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• Previous med/surg or renal transplant RN experience preferred
• 2+ years of RN experience preferred
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For®" (5 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees' Choice "Best Places to Work" by Glassdoor
Apply on company website