Who says you can't choose your family?
We believe in exceeding our employees' expectations by treating them like family and acknowledging them as our most valuable assets. We can't operate a great business without great people, and we take that seriously by showing our employees how much they mean to us every day.
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to use the sum of your life's experiences and knowledge to expand a successful organization into a new facility, to stabilize that new creation and watch it grow. We provide a strong support staff that is ready to mentor and encourage our team members to grow with the organization in a fun and exciting atmosphere! Should you invest your career in a job so amazing you'll feel proud to be a part of every day?
Traditions Spirits offers: Flexible Schedule, Health Benefits, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401K, Incentives, Employee Recognition Programs and Competitive Salaries.
“Traditions Spirits believes in exceeding employee and guest expectations by treating them like family and acknowledging them as our most valuable assets. Our success is measured by teamwork, growth, profitability and delivering legendary service to every guest, every time.”
Prepares and serves cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages for guests or wait staff. Answers questions about drink items, making recommendations upon request. Is thoroughly knowledgeable in all aspects of the wine list, common drinks, and prices and can make recommendations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
NOTE: Traditions Spirits, Inc. ® may change the requirements of this job description at any time. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Embodies Traditions Spirits Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- Greets bar guests
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks, serve wine, and bottled or draft beer
- Prepare and serve hot, cold, and mixed drinks for guests, and chill bottles of wine
- Describe and recommend wine selections, serve wine in appropriate glasses, and pour the wine for guests
- Check identification of guests in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to guests excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated guests
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks
- Create drink recipes and plan bar menus
- Serve snacks or food items to guests seated at the bar
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from guests
- Write guests beverage orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food, drinks, and service, and to respond to complaints
- Explain how various drink items are prepared, describing ingredients
- Clean bars, work areas, bar equipment, remove dishes and glasses from bar and take them to kitchen for cleaning
- Order or requisition liquors and supplies
- Coordinate the work of bar staff and other bartenders
- Present bills, accept payments, operate cash register
- Prepare cash receipts after establishments close, and make bank deposits
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards (wash hands when using restroom, etc.)
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety
- This position is located within The Chickasaw Nation's Casinos.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (INCUDES EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE):
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year relevant experience desired
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a current beer and wine server license
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing guest and personal services; this includes guest needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of guest satisfaction
- Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving guests in restaurant/bar/casino and receiving guests
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and understand orders
- Good computer skills
- Mature judgment and professionalism in handling all matters
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Ability to handle cash, give change, and balance receipts at end of shift
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of InfoGenesis software
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Standing and walking during entire shift covering large areas
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries and pushes
- Lifts and carries supplies, tubs, and cases, weighing up to 30 lbs
- Essential hand/eye coordination
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior restaurant/bar/casino work environment
- Noise level is moderate to high
- Moderate or high exposure to cigarette smoke
- Limited exposure to physical risk
- Moderate physical effort required
Apply on company website