You may know us for our delicious cheesecakes…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” 8 years in a row! What you may not know is at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our staff members are our highest quality ingredient.
The Head of Bakery Operations is responsible for supporting all production and packaging activity and results for three-shift, Multi-day operation, of 100,000 square foot facility with approximately 450 full time non-union employees, producing $75 million in gross sales, with approximately $37.5 million in direct costs. This person will assist in directing and managing all operational activities including production scheduling, raw materials and packaging supplies logistics, pre-scaling, mixing, depositing, baking, decorating, and packaging.
This individual will use excellent leadership, analytical, management, and technical skills, abilities and behaviors to generate great performance in key areas of people, safety, quality, service, and cost consistent with measurable objectives and the Company's Mission, Vision, and Values.
Assist the Plant Director of Operations in:
- Partnering with human resources and training departments to assist in developing, implementing and maintaining effective training and development programs that support key performance goals for the Company, ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies as well as providing a safe, satisfying and rewarding work environment for employees.
- Maintaining positive employee relations and a fair and professional work environment that focuses the business objectives, but also balances quality of work-life factors for employees.
- Ensuring excellent people results, as measured by turnover rate, climate survey results, attendance, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing methods, procedures, and systems.
- Developing, implementing, and sustaining new methods, procedures, and systems to drive improvements in people, quality, service and cost performance.
- Supporting the master production planning and daily production scheduling to optimize service and efficiency performance.
- Working with other department managers and VP – Bakery Operations to balance crewing, materials equipment, and line time to optimize capacity utilization, ensure overtime is managed with in the budget and ensure results in excellent schedule attainment performance.
- Using performance feedback information based on standard line speeds and productivity rates to optimize plant productivity and labor efficiency.
- Monitoring and controlling planned and unplanned non-productive line time to optimize cost performance, business results and conforming to approved budgets.
- Working with Plant Engineer and Maintenance Manager to ensure effective preventive and emergency maintenance effort through disciplined execution of detailed spare parts, work order, and machine history system.
- Managing material and supplies usage to ensure minimal waste, and maximum yield while maintaining strict adherence to formulations, specifications, and product and process quality standards.
- Assisting the Logistics team to help manage work-in-process inventories of intermediate materials to meet production schedules and minimize waste.
- Working with the Materials Management and the Purchasing department to ensure proper rotation and optimum inventory levels for all materials and supplies.
- Obtaining excellent cost results, as measured by labor productivity and efficiency, overtime, material usage efficiency, yield, waste, downtime, budget variance analysis, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing methods, procedures, and systems.
- Overseeing, directing, and managing all manufacturing activity to ensure highly disciplined compliance with all product and process quality parameters and standards including formulations, specifications, approved methods, procedures, practices and systems.
- Ensuring all operations activity is conducted with disciplined adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices and that the plant maintains 900 “SUPERIOR” score or better for AIB sanitation standards.
- Working with the VP of Quality Assurance and Food Safety and other team members to ensure highly disciplined compliance with all regulatory and Company defined food safety and sanitation standards, systems, procedures, and practices to guarantee absolute wholesomeness of our product.
- Assisting the Quality Team to obtain excellent quality results, as measured by customer complaint frequency, product evaluation scores, internal and external facility and operational audit scores, quality systems compliance, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing methods, procedures, and systems.
- Assisting the EHS&S Manager in obtaining excellent safety results, as measured by recordable injury frequency, number of accidents and lost time accidents, workers compensation experience, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using existing methods, procedures, and systems.
- Facilitate and/or participate in all appropriate meetings, and executes appropriate communication to managers, supervisors and line employees. And ensure all reporting systems and procedures are executed and effective.
- Participating in business plan development and budgeting processes and manages to these budgeted levels.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in food manufacturing management, preferably in the bakery/dessert industry, with demonstrated success at the Plant Manager or Director of Manufacturing/Operations level.
- Strong experience with food safety, food process equipment and regulations.
- Strong experience with emergency preparedness and emergency response plans and procedures.
- Familiar with regulatory and safety codes including USDA, FDA, and OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in lean manufacturing, Kaizan, kitting and six sigma techniques.
- Prior experience having direct responsibility for a large-scale P&L.
- Strong and effective strategic management skills are required, including long range planning, organizing, communicating, influencing, gathering and using information, and motivating a team to achieve results. Ability to use, and to teach others how to use various analytical tools and techniques.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English a plus.
- Demonstrated mentoring skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering or MBA.
- Willing to travel up to 20%.
About the Company
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” eight years in a row, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates almost 300 restaurants – including The Cheesecake Factory, North Italia, Grand Lux Cafe, Social Monk and Fox Restaurant concepts. Internationally, twenty-seven The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Our bakery division operates two facilities that produce delicious cheesecakes and other baked products for our restaurants, international licensees and third-party bakery customers. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we are a $2B public company with more than 40,000 staff members, 430 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA.
We are an e-verify and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of identities, ideas, perspectives and experiences and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. The Cheesecake Factory offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
Apply on company website