You may know us for our delicious cheesecakes…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” 6 years in a row! What you may not know is at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our staff members are our highest quality ingredient.
Assists in the management of existing business and customers and acquiring new international customers via market research and analysis, including gathering information about particular companies and industries; identifying, prioritizing and contacting decision-makers within target companies and engaging them (via phone, email or LinkedIn), with our international sales and marketing team to work through the sales cycle and close business. You will be reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and International Business Development.
You'll thrive in this position if you are:
- Excel Savvy: you're able to take a rough dataset and use Microsoft Excel to turn it into something actionable.
- Data Investigator: you enjoy reviewing and analyzing reports and data, and you're not satisfied until you resolve identified issues.
- Exhaustively Meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail, leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Driven by Results: you're conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables. You are never satisfied with your latest accomplishment and are always focused on hitting your next goal.
Here's more of what you'll get to do:
- A communicator: you're capable and comfortable translating complex business requirements to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise manner; you're capable of articulating a story in a clear, concise, and conversational manner; and you enjoy face-to-face conversations, executive-level presentations, and participating in dynamic exchanges of information.
- Relationship builder: you are a master at building genuine relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of an organization. Whether they're a type A, B, or Z personality, you easily establish a warm relationship, building an effective network around you.
- Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables, while never hesitating to ask for more when you are done.
- Persuasive: you make effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others while sharing ideas, never leaving a bad first or last impression.
Research International Opportunities
- Research international sales opportunities for the Bakery by market and channel.
- Quantify the market size for products in each region.
- Identify the top customers in each region, their current product mix, and market share.
Competitive Products Review
- Evaluate international markets for competitive products, develop and maintain a competitive product matrix.
Development of New Business
- Identify opportunities to generate new business in key international bakery focus markets; Europe, UK, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East, and maintain a well-developed pipeline of prospects.
- Using knowledge of the company's products, make preliminary contacts with and cultivate strong business relationships with key decision-makers of potential new international customers via email, Linkedin, and calls to deliver innovative solutions and generate sales for our bakery.
- Develop sales pitches to sell products, making cold calls to sales leads or taking calls from prospective customers maintaining documentation of their sales and contracts.
- Manage the full sales circle: finding opportunities, researching needs, negotiating rates, closing sales, passing over requirements to Master Distributors.
- Close new business to achieve growth objectives.
Management of Existing Business
- The ideal candidate will have great account management skills able to network with and build relationships with existing customers, understand historical purchases, conduct gap analysis, identify new opportunities, and present solutions.
- Achieve or exceed targeted sales and profitability goals for the segment.
- Track all sales activities by customer in the company CRM system and keep current by updating account information regularly.
- Manage the development of the forecast model for the international channel for the annual AOP by customer and product.
- As required, manage subsequent revisions to the model for the balance of the year, clearly identifying all business at risk and any upside from non-forecasted sales opportunities.
- Participate in the planning and execution of international trade show booths.
- Implement pricing action as needed.
- Work with Customer Service and Production Scheduling to ensure customer order fulfillment.
- Support manager in any other needs of our business as required.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business.
- 5+ years of sales or account management experience ideally in international markets.
- Self-motivator, disciplined, strong work ethic with high integrity.
- Ability to travel to international markets as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
What we prefer:
- Additional languages welcome, but not required, on spoken and written level: German, French, Spanish, Japanese or Mandarin.
About the Company
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” every year since 2014, The Cheesecake Factory Bakery operates two facilities that create delicious cheesecakes and other baked products for our restaurants, international licensees, and third-party bakery customers. The Bakery is a subsidiary of The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated which is a global $3.3 billion public company with 47,500 staff members across more than 300 full-service, casual dining restaurants – including The Cheesecake Factory, North Italia, Grand Lux Cafe, Social Monk and Fox Restaurant concepts.
We offer a people-centered culture and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of identities, ideas, perspectives, and experiences and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Cheesecake Factory offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
Apply on company website