You may know us for our delicious cheesecakes…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (9 years in a row!). What you may not know is at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our staff members are our highest quality ingredient.
The QA Manager is a hands-on key leadership position reporting to the VP, Food Safety & Quality Manager. This position oversees the QA/QC functions for a three shift, five-day, Operation. The QA Manager is the host and over sees all plant external and internal audits (e.g. SQF, Gluten Free, USDA PEEPEV, Halal, Kosher, State, Federal, select customer and TCFBI Compliance audits). In addition, this position manages the department budget and related spending, trains team members and participates in continuous improvement with strong collaboration lines to the Plant Manager and Operations Leader.
You'll thrive in this position if you are:
- An Experienced People Manager: you're at home managing and elevating a team. You lead by example and enable your staff to realize their potential.
- Driven by Results: you're conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables and performing all job functions safely while following instructions.
- Adaptable: you're at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift, learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs and willing to work various shifts and extended hours if necessary.
- Improvement Focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better or faster?".
Here's more of what you'll get to do:
- Manage the quality and food safety programs.
- Manage the department budget.
- Manage and schedule Quality Assurance staff in support of the production schedule.
- Manage in house Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC) assessed laboratory.
- Participate in continuous improvement actions/initiatives.
What we require:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Quality Assurance, bakery plant preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Manager.
- Experience with Formal food safety training.
- Experience with Internal and external manufacturing food and safety audits.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good collaboration skills.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or related scientific field.
What we prefer:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Training in Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCFHF).
About the Company
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” every year since 2014, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is a global $2.9 billion public company with 45,000 staff members across more than 300 full-service, casual dining restaurants – including The Cheesecake Factory, North Italia, Grand Lux Cafe, Social Monk and Fox Restaurant concepts. Internationally, twenty-nine The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Our bakery division operates two facilities that create delicious cheesecakes and other baked products for our restaurants, international licensees and third-party bakery customers.
We offer a people-centered culture and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of identities, ideas, perspectives and experiences and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Cheesecake Factory offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
Apply on company website