You may know us for our delicious cheesecakes…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” 8 years in a row! What you may not know is at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our staff members are our highest quality ingredient.
As our Senior Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for the direction, support, coordination and overall execution of the Human Resources function at the Rocky Mount, NC facility. Working with the Division Director of HR, you will: Develop and implement human resources strategies that support company goals by guiding management to build and maintain an engaged and talent-based organization. Ensure "People" aspects of Company mission, vision and values are lived everyday by fostering a positive, respectful and enthusiastic culture. Provide inspiring leadership and partnership with Operations. Provide strong, effective communications, fair, professional and compassionate problem solving for effective team and individual development.
You'll thrive in this position if you are:
- Service oriented: you're a people person who is systematic and trustworthy, interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels and demonstrating strong and positive communication skills.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to details, leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Adaptable: you're at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift, learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs; you are willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary.
- An Experienced People Manager: you're at home managing and elevating a team. You lead by example and enable your staff to realize their potential.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Resolve employee relation issues.
- Conduct thorough and objective investigations as needed.
- Ensure that all positions are filled with highly motivated, top notch talent by coordinating with the Bakery Division Recruiter and other internal and external resources as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Responsible for the overall training environment and its effectiveness.
- Coordinate efforts with Training Manager and the Bakery Division Training team.
- Drive the development and implementation of HR related programs such as new hire orientation, onboarding, safety, and policy and procedure training.
- Manage the performance appraisal and associated merit raise process.
- Coordinate with the Environmental Safety & Security team to develop and implement a world class safety program.
- Create an environment where safety is of prime importance and is reflected in industry leading recordable injury rates.
- Be the Human Resources thought leader and a strategist for best practices for Rocky Mount.
- As a trusted advisor, work to provide coaching and feedback to the Rocky Mount Leadership team.
- Build rapport and an open and honest working relationship with all levels of employees.
- Enjoy being on the Production floor and working issues real time in a positive, collaborative and caring manner.
- Some travel required to Division Headquarters in Calabasas, California.
What we require:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as an HR generalist with at least six years as an HR Manager or higher-level position.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
- Excellent investigative skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws and regulations governing human resources (FMLA, ADA, OSHA, Affirmative Action, etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Equally adept in providing coaching and counsel to senior leaders as well as entry level team members.
- Manifests a strong and approachable presence.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Strong computer and office equipment skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to act independently.
What we prefer:
- SPHR certification.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
About the Company
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” eight years in a row, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates almost 300 restaurants – including The Cheesecake Factory, North Italia, Grand Lux Cafe, Social Monk and Fox Restaurant concepts. Internationally, twenty-seven The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Our bakery division operates two facilities that produce delicious cheesecakes and other baked products for our restaurants, international licensees and third-party bakery customers. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we are a $2B public company with more than 40,000 staff members, 430 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA.
We are an e-verify and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of identities, ideas, perspectives and experiences and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. The Cheesecake Factory offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.
Apply on company website