Position Overview: Guided by the comprehensive knowledge of nursing theory and practice, applies the nursing process and is accountable for the health care services and nursing care of a group of specific residents of Children's Village.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Participates in the admission process. Nursing assessment is based on the interview, examination, observation and review of records of the resident. Develops Comprehensive Health Record, notification of admission, medical information for CSE.
- Monitors resident's medical needs by daily cottage rounds and on-going collaboration with resident's interdisciplinary team.
- Schedules/coordinates initial physical exams, sick visits, health screenings, vision needs and as needed, medical consultations and follow –up.
- Transcribes medical orders. Processes medications from pharmacy, administers and documents medications and treatments.
- Maintains current medical records including medical care, immunizations, treatments and medications.
- Provides health care teaching /HIV counseling.
- Prepares medical reports for SPR and attends SPR conferences.
- Coordinates medical and health care needs for discharge /transfer to another agency or community.
- Supports orientation of new staff members, nursing students.
- Time management meets the needs of the department.
- Adheres to all Agency and departmental Safety Procedures including reporting any unsafe practices, equipment and environment, and takes an active role in correcting the unsafe practice, equipment or environment through proper notification.
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing program
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in New York State
- CPR Certified preferred
- Pediatric, psychiatric experience preferred.
Apply on company website