The primary task is to provide oversight to staff and youth within a specialized cottage with the support of a multi-disciplinary Team. Assistant shall carry out assigned duties and responsibilities that builds and supports a therapeutic and supportive living environment for youth who have a range of emotional, behavioral, psychiatric and addiction issues. Assistant shall assist in assuring their direct reports provide safe, non-threatening, creative, supportive environments with a focus on changing problem behavior, building social skills and developing positive relationships. Assistant is responsible to work collaboratively with their Supervisor and Night Supervisors to assure 24/7 coverage. Oversight includes programming for youth, assurance that programs are well structured, well-resourced, home-like and meet the needs of high risk, high needs youth. Assistant shall focus on the implementation of identified models and programs to assure consistency and the attainment of identified goals.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency with minimum 2 years experience in child welfare/juvenile justice
OR a college degree with 1 year child welfare/juvenile justice related experience, required.
- Experience in running groups/workshops, required.
- Training/experience in substance abuse prevention, conflict/behavior management or related high risk interventions, 1 year minimum, required.
- Valid NYS driver's license, preferred.
- Strong demonstrated work experience of leadership and supervisory skills, preferred.
- Experience in independent living skills development, 1 year minimum, preferred.
- Experience in running groups/workshops, preferred.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish), ideal.
Apply on company website