We are seeking a skilled and motivated professional to work as a Quality Assurance Engineer. We need someone who is passionate and excited to further the work of the Church in creating inspiring experiences that bring joy to all people as they discover, gather, and connect their family – past, present and future. We expect that you will model our Quality Standards: Inspiration, Trust, Kindness, Effectiveness, and Simplicity.
This QA engineer will be an advocate for the diverse international users whose online experience is always on a mobile device. The mobile teams work in a fast-paced and innovative new market segment. We are looking for someone who is ready to help make the Family Tree apps the best mobile experience available.
Iteration work for this QA engineer will be split between Mobile API and Android testing teams requiring a strong ability to manage a dynamic schedule. The successful candidate will have the desire to master two mobile platforms, iOS and Android, as well as automation for the Mobile API.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
We create inspiring experiences that bring joy to all people as they discover, gather, and connect their family - past, present, and future.
Our Quality Standards: Inspiration, Trust, Kindness, Effectiveness, Simplicity
All workers at FamilySearch learn to find their ancestors and help others do the same.
- Assess the Quality Assurance needs of the team then plan, prioritize, and complete the needed work
- Identify, quantify, and implement technologies and processes needed to complete the work
- Quality Metrics
- Test Plans
- Automated Tests – suitable for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Defect Management
- Effective and optimized monitoring of Production features and performance
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Test interactions with all services connected to your software
- Effectively communicate the status of Quality Assurance work and incorporate feedback as needed
- Effectively advocate quality practices on the development team
- Take the lead in ensuring stakeholders have all the information needed to make well-informed decisions during all stages of the software development lifecycle
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience testing enterprise-level applications strongly preferred
- Experience testing cloud-based applications in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery in a service-oriented architecture preferred
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Track record of troubleshooting/isolating difficult issues at the subsystem or project level
- Experience with the full product release cycle on multiple successful software projects
- Experience testing software products in an Agile development life cycle
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Benefits provided by contracting employer.
Free to apply and be considered for direct hire positions during contract term.
Apply on company website