About The Community Builders, Inc.
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of America's leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential.
The primary responsibilities of the Project Associate are to assist the New England development team on a variety of real estate development activities, including prospecting for new opportunities in target markets. The Project Associate will report to a Senior Project Manager, but may assist other staff as needed. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals looking to build experience and skills in real estate and community development.
Key reasons to be in Development at The Community Builders
We lead with the mission. TCB takes on tough and complex projects, but also projects which will make a lasting difference for the communities in which we operate.
You will work with a team of bright and dedicated individuals, whose creativity and persistence and get it done attitude make for an enriching work environment.
You will build key skills as a Project Associate, with an opportunity to make a real difference as the team works through complex decisions. We look for individuals who can grow with TCB over time into more senior level development positions.
- Play a key role in the organization and creation of responses to Requests for Proposals and Qualifications, and the preparation of bid packages. Take lead in graphically conveying TCBs intent clearly and thoroughly.
- Assist with initial feasibility studies of selected opportunities
- Track and maintain database of development opportunities in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
- Play a key role in selected planning initiatives and resident and neighborhood outreach.
- Assist with project funding applications.
- Maintain relationships with brokers, funding agencies, and community and advocacy groups.
- Attend on-site public and community meetings, as well as project meetings.
- Prepare materials for meetings and presentations, including PowerPoint presentations, written handouts, charts, photographs, etc.
- Assist project managers with other tasks as needed to further the successful completion of the NE regions projects.
- Carrying out administrative tasks of the office including communications, record keeping, correspondence, filing, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Background in urban planning, architecture, real estate development, and/or public policy, with demonstrated interest in and passion for learning about housing and community development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to convey complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Solid analytical skills, including comfort with financial data.
- Some demonstrated aptitude in graphics and a willingness to develop skillset.
- Solid computer skills (experience with MS Office Suite a must, Adobe Creative Suite a plus) and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to undertake, balance, and manage multiple tasks and assignments. Strong team player with a positive attitude; should be a self-starter and able to work independently.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree. Masters Degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Real Estate, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years work experience in a related field
Community Builders is committed to diversity in its workplace. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website