The Haven in the Summit is a beautiful community in Columbia, SC, with more than 60 units offering Alzheimer's care.Key Responsibilities
At this time, we are seeking a Housekeeper to join our team!
- Performs housekeeping duties in the resident apartments and common areas of the community.
- Cleans (dust, dry mop, wet mop, sanitize, scrub) assigned resident apartments and common areas daily according to facility procedures.
- Disposes of trash and waste, other materials in a safe manner.
- Maintains par levels of supplies and assists with ordering of products.
- Washes and folds laundry. Distributes clean linens and towels. Maintains a stocked cleaning cart with needed items.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions.
- Appreciates the importance of maintaining confidentiality of resident and facility information.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times in the care and use of resident and facility property.
- Able to understand and to follow written and verbal directions.
- Understand proper use of community equipment.
- Able effectively to communicate with the staff members and residents through verbal and/or written means.
- Sufficient mobility and strength to move freely through the building and to assist transfer or otherwise move residents of facility.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral form) in a care setting with residents, families, staff.
- Must be able to climb, bend, lift, stoop, kneel, crawl, push, reach and carry, stand for extended periods of time and may be required to move furniture.
- Able to respond productively and to handle additional tasks/projects as assigned.
- Ability to detect odors and see spots and spills.
- Ability to move housekeeping cart with cleaning equipment.
- Passion for caring for elderly.
DaytimeAbout Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website