DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $32.00 - $48.00 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.***Eligible for a sign on bonus up to $15,000 with a 2 year commitment***
Registered Nurse Neuroscience - FT Day Shift Introduction
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse Neuroscience Nights you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join The Medical Center of Aurora which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
The Medical Center of Aurora, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Registered Nurse Neuroscience Nights where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical care to meet the needs of the whole person. The Neurosciences RN is responsible for the delivery of nursing care to the general medical/surgical populations utilizing the nursing process. Special populations include vascular, wound care, GI, and ophthalmology surgeries. Oversees and directs the care of LPN's and assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients. When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multistate Registered Nurse license; BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Preferred.
- One-year experience in acute care preferred.
- Special Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care term members. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills.
No Travel Travel Required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
The Medical Center of Aurora is a 346 plus bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six medical campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colorado, including the Main Campus, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor. The South Campus includes a Level III NICU. The Medical Center of Aurora consistently receives ‘A' grades from The Leapfrog Group and is recognized as the a top five hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado by U.S. News & World Report year after year.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Neuroscience Nights opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website