California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other complex challenges, including autism spectrum disorders.
Do you want to have a positive impact on people's lives? Do you love planning and coordinating activities? Come put your enthusiasm to work with individuals with developmental disabilities. As Activities Coordinator, you will conduct group and individual recreational activities according to an individual's needs, capabilities, and interests.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to identify and implement meaningful group activities with focus on emphasizing the preferences of individuals served.
- Provide daily instruction and guidance to staff regarding activity delivery methods and techniques as well as at staff meetings.
- Determine and implement necessary precautions in exercising responsibility for the care and safety of individuals served.
- Maintain curriculum binders for each classroom to ensure that varied and age-appropriate activities are planned and conducted for all individuals served.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; certification in Activity Coordinator preferred
- Two years' experience working with developmentally disabled adults, including planning and conducting activities for this population
- Valid driver's license in good standing with car registration and vehicle insurance
- All state-required training and certification completed in mandated timeframes
- Reliable, responsible, and caring nature
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to the company's mission and values
Why Join Us?
- Full, Part-time, and As Needed schedules available
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Important work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website