Associate General Counsel, Employment
Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.Description
The MENTOR Network is seeking an Associate General Counsel, Employment to join our team. The team is based in Boston, but the role is open to remote candidates.
The Associate General Counsel, Employment position provides daily counsel and support to all business units and Human Resources concerning all aspects of labor & employment law. Coordinates and drives completion of employment-related projects, including internal process review, policy rollouts and implementation, and training. Keeps abreast of employment-related legal trends and issues that may affect The Network and provides analysis of new and proposed employment legislation. Participates in the definition and development of employee relations policies, procedures, and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications on employee relations matters.
Essential Job Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide day-to-day advice and support to all business units and Human Resources on a diverse variety of labor and employment issues concerning all aspects of the employment relationship including, but not limited to, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, NLRA, WARN, OSHA, OFCCP regulations, background checks, immigration, and related state labor and employment laws.
- Represent the company before federal and state agencies, including preparing position statements on employee relations inquiries, appearing at hearings on behalf of the company, and participating in alternative dispute resolution.
- Coordinate and drive completion of employment-related projects, including internal process review, policy rollouts and implementation, and training.
- Provide analysis of proposed and new employment legislation.
- Develop a thorough understanding of The Network’s business and culture to identify trends and anticipate issues to provide practical, business-oriented solutions, and long-term strategies.
- In partnership with Human Resources, conducts regular training of management on variety of legal topics, including employee relations best practices, investigation techniques, and compliance.
- Minimize legal exposure through proactive review of existing routines and recommendation of new or revised ones.
- Participate in the definition and development of employee relations policies, procedures, and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications on employee relations matters.
- Assist and manage outside counsel in preparing cases for litigation and trial.
- Perform additional duties and activities as required.
Apply on company website