REM Iowa, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other complex challenges.
Community Home-Based Habilitation (CHBH) Direct Support Professional
Do you want to make a difference in someone's life? Based in community settings and working closely with our team, CHBH DSPs support therapeutic and social interaction plans, providing assistance and strategies to the individuals we serve to live as independently as possible.
In Community Home-Based Habilitation services, caregivers typically work in an individual's home for hourly services, weekly or bi-weekly. Schedules are flexible and based on the individuals' needs and availability. Full time caregivers may visit multiple homes and include light travel.
- Transportation and support out in the community: outings/field trips, medical appointments, and shopping
- Assist with daily living and coping skills including light housekeeping, meal preparation and medication education/reminders
- Provide guidance on a range of supportive goals from community participation, household budgeting, exercise, nutrition, and supporting vocational responsibilities
- Assist individuals we serve, including home and mental health, to self-regulate agitation or aggression with therapeutic plans and supportive goals
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Six months of experience in human services preferred
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of background checks, including a driving report
- A reliable, responsible attitude
- A compassionate approach and a commitment to quality in everything you do
Why Join Us?
- Full, Part-time, and As Needed schedules available
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- Mileage compensation
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in 37 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website