California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other complex challenges, including autism spectrum disorders.
Direct Support Professional
Would you like to make a difference in every day in someone's life? Based in community settings, and working closely with our clinical staff to support therapeutic and behavioral plans, DSPs provide assistance and strategies to the individuals we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Transportation and support out in the community: outings/field trips, medical appointments, and shopping
- Assist with daily living skills including meal preparation and assist with medication administration
- Provide guidance on a range of developmental goals from community participation, household budgeting, exercise, nutrition, and supporting vocational responsibilities
- Support persons served with living skills such as personal hygiene, grooming, and/or bathing and toileting
- Assist individuals we serve to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors
- Minimum of 18 years of age and High School Diploma or GED
- Six months of experience in human services preferred
- Valid driver's license in good standing and access to registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of background checks
Why Join Us?
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off, holiday pay and yearly increases
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers.
- Career development and advancement opportunities.
We have meaningful, energizing, and rewarding work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website