As a key member of the Government Relations team, the Director plays a critical role in MENTOR's comprehensive, strategic, and proactive government relations agenda, working closely with state, regional, and national business leaders, contractors, and public officials.
This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the US.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement comprehensive government relations strategies (including but not limited to advocacy, risk mitigation, champion and third party development, growth initiatives, strategic visibility, thought leadership, and charitable and political giving) that support MENTOR's overall goals and objectives
- Lead cross-functional teams (both internal and external) across multiple markets
- Provide political and policy strategies, tactics, and trends analysis
- Be a detailed yet visionary and strategic leader
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills across a broad variety of platforms
- Be a self-starter and team player with the ability to set and meet deadlines
- Performs other related duties and activities as required
Education and Experience:
- Have a Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of experience in state or federal government, politics, health policy or another related field
- Experience with Medicaid fiscal, regulatory, and political dynamics is preferred but not required
What we offer:
- Career growth opportunities
- Largest national network of human service providers
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges, as well as their families; and to elders in need of support. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. With Corporate operations located in the Boston Seaport, Lawrence, Massachusetts and Edina, Minnesota, we strive to support our ~32,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 37 states. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website