Director, Mergers & Acquisitions
Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St
Function: Business Development
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at The MENTOR Network, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.Description
As a Director with our Mergers & Acquisitions team, you will be a key contributor to the company’s inorganic growth activities. You will partner with the senior management of our various operating groups to identify appropriate acquisition targets, engage in discussions with business owners, and prepare initial assessments and financial analyses of identified acquisition opportunities. For those transactions you are leading, you will act as the main point of contact with counter-parties and will take a primary role in assessing valuation, negotiating transaction terms, and managing cross-functional due diligence and integration planning processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Build collaborative relationships with operating group leaders to gain an understanding of, and help refine, their strategic priorities and growth objectives
- Identify attractive acquisition targets and craft a suitable strategy for engagement with targets’ decision makers
- Independently develop acquisition pipeline: identity, screen, and contact targets
- Lead monthly meetings/calls with operating group leadership to report on the active deals in process, new opportunities recently sourced/identified, and upcoming new target meetings
- Maintain regular contact and make in-person visits with Mentor field operations and with business owners, brokers/bankers, lawyers and other advisors, for purposes of driving future acquisition opportunities
- Negotiate and execute non-disclosure agreements / confidentiality agreements
- Conduct detailed financial assessments and valuation analyses of acquisition prospects, recommend appropriate valuations and deal structures
- Draft and negotiate non-binding letters of intent / term sheets
- Act as project manager for due diligence and integration planning processes, coordinating the efforts of the cross-functional team and external advisors staffed on each transaction
- Support the operating group finance leads in their preparation of financial plans-of-record for acquisitions
- Participate in negotiation of transaction definitive agreements and review of disclosure schedules
- Draft presentations on proposed transactions; present to senior management for periodic transaction updates and final transaction approvals
Apply on company website