Employee Safety and Risk Specialist
Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St
The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. Therefore, to deliver on our mission, The Network expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company’s mission. Description The MENTOR Network is seeking an Employee Safety and Risk Specialist to join our team! This position is open to remote candidates.
The Employee Safety and Risk Specialist (ESR-S) will serve as the designated safety representative in a region or service line, reporting to an Employee Safety and Risk Manager. The ESR-S promotes the company’s Culture of Safety through knowledge of safety and risk standard processes, analysis and reporting, safety trainings and assigned operations safety plans; and assist operations with OSHA regulatory compliance. Facilitate and monitor injured employees' safe and timely return to work at the business unit level. Collaborate with the ESR Director and Manager to implement department initiatives, and manage ESR-S assignments as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the ESR Manager ensuring operations compliance with federal, state, and local safety-related regulations, and other environmental health, safety, and loss prevention standards.
- Work with ESR Manager for knowledge of corporate monthly Safety reports and processes for operations risk reduction and prevention planning activities.
- As designated by the ESR Manager, responsibilities may include safety, environment and loss prevention trainings, specific project tasks, location audits or assessments, analysis of safety metrics and formal quarterly metric updates.
- Support operations’ review and implementation of required ESR programs including the Safety Action for Employees Program (S.A.F.E. Program), Emergency Preparedness Program and Emergency Response Plan, Workplace Violence Prevention Program, Bloodborne Pathogen Program and Exposure Control Plan, Safe Driving Programs, and Hazard Communication Program.
- With an understanding of Workers’ Compensation employee injury management, the ESR-S facilitates injured employee return to work (RTW) by working with ESR Claim Consultants, Managed care and Third Party Claim Administrator (TPA). Monitor with operations employee RTW in a modified duty capacity with progression to full duty.
- Support Workers’ Compensation claim performance by assisting the ESR Manager in Risk Reduction and Active Claim Management activities with Operations.
- Administer the OSHA midyear and end of year record-keeping process as directed by the ERS Manager.
- Instruct operations to obtain Supervisory Accident Investigations and Auto Incident/Accident Inquiry documents. Review for actions to prevent injuries with thorough and accurate completion.
- Identify and communicate operations safety and risk issues and report to ESR Manager for strategizing corrective action.
- Monitor, and participate as required in Safety Committees to ensure they are active and functioning effectively.
- Distribute internal Safety Resources, Toolkits, Training Shorts, and online supports, distributing to Field Operations as directed.
- Perform other related duties and activities as assigned and required.
Apply on company website