California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other complex challenges, including autism spectrum disorders.
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with California MENTOR, you'll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports individuals we serve in residential settings and community based day programs. We seek a passionate individual who can provide clinical care to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In this role you will utilize your skills to assess and ensure each individual's health care needs are carried out with the support of program staff.
Do you have nursing experience and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your education and skill set with California MENTOR to make an impact in people's lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Provides technical assistance and training to staff to ensure the effective implementation of medically related services
- Administers medications and provides documentation according to established guidelines
- Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual's service plan
- Monitors and ensures physicians orders are performed as prescribed
- Accompanies individuals to routine and emergency medical visit
- Responsible for following nursing care plans according to program requirements
If you have nursing experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
- Current LVN certification in good standing with the state of California
- One year of experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (preferred)
- Ability to carry out medical services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
- Good knowledge of practical nursing theory
- Ability to communicate effectively with individual's families, health care team and leadership
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- Arewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
- Bring the right attitude; we'll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is becoming Sevita. Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website