NeuroRestorative, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides rehabilitation services for people of all ages with brain, spinal cord and medically complex injuries, illnesses and other challenges. In a variety of locations and community-based settings, we offer a range of programs, including vocational and therapy programs, day treatments, and specialized services for infants, children, adolescents, Military Service Members and Veterans.
Physical Therapist Assistant
Do you have experience in physical therapy and are looking for rewarding work in an organization dedicated to making a positive impact in the lives of others? Bring your commitment to a team-based workplace that puts people first.
- Administer physical therapy treatments to patients, working under the direction of and as an assistant to the Physical Therapists.
- Assure all program participants receive scheduled PT (Physical Therapy) treatments and document therapy session or reason for inability to attend.
- Perform active, passive, and/or resistive therapeutic exercises, based on general therapy principles, on program participants.
- Perform therapeutic massage on program participants as needed.
- Perform general mobilization and/or passive stretch to program participants, within limits of safety regarding joint/muscle stretch.
- Instruct, motivate, and assist program participants in learning and improving functional activities.
- Provide gait training and instruct program participants in the use of canes, crutches, walkers, braces, and splints; train program participants at homebound and community level, including endurance training.
- Measure ROM, length and girth of body parts, vital signs, and MMT (manual muscle tests) to assist Physical Therapist in evaluating program participants and/or to determine the effectiveness of the program plan.
- Confer with staff members and other health care members to exchange, discuss, and evaluate program participant information for modifying and coordinating current treatment program and participate in treatment planning with trans-disciplinary team as requested.
- Ensure adherence to accreditation standards, licensure standards, professional code of ethics, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate knowledge of indications and contra-indications of physical therapy modalities and techniques.
- Assess PT equipment for needs and maintenance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in a human services or related field.
- Current PTA license in the state of work.
- Good working knowledge of physical therapy equipment and therapeutic exercise treatments.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Reliable, responsible, and caring nature.
- Commitment to the company's mission and values.
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of co-workers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – apply today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in 37 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website