California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides services for adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other complex challenges, including autism spectrum disorders.
Program Services – Job Developer
Bring your enthusiasm, outreach skills, and experience in job development to our company and take your career to the next level. As Job Developer for our vocational and day programs, you will develop connections to employers and agencies and secure competitive community-based jobs and volunteer opportunities for youth and adults referred for vocational support service.
- Contact community-based employers as an employment specialist to secure paid employment and volunteer educational opportunities for referred individuals
- Research and recommend community employment sites and activities, complete vocational assessments, conduct site evaluations, and provide follow-up as indicated
- Explore careers and vocational opportunities by reaching out to employers and matching employer needs with individuals' goals
- Assist individuals receiving services in searching and interviewing for employment; provide follow-up support to individuals once placed in a job
- Provide work adjustment training to assist individuals served to improve work skills, work behaviors, interpersonal skills, and ethics to maintain employment
- Contribute to Individual Service Plans for individuals receiving service that currently have paid and/or volunteer jobs, as well as individuals with job development goals and objectives
- Complete required service documentation reviews, meet regularly with individuals and others to provide needed services/support, and ensure appropriate communication with planning team
- Attend meetings in the community related to individuals in the program, represent the program professionally while in the community, and ensure individual rights
- Ensure individuals' safety by providing appropriate supervision at job sites
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Five years of experience in a human services delivery system including two years of experience in job development
- A combination of education and experience that provides equivalent proficiency in the areas of responsibility may be substituted for the above education and experience
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Effective communication skills with ability to build rapport with others
- Reliable, responsible, and caring nature
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Purposeful work adding value to the organization's mission alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Apply on company website