Sr. IT Business Analyst, Financial Systems
Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St
Function: Information Technology
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.Description
The MENTOR Network is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst with a background in financial back-office systems to strengthen a growing IT team supporting a complex IT agenda for a large Health and Human Services organization. The Senior Business Analyst will be a full-time employee responsible for working with business users at various levels across the organization to support a variety of strategic IT initiatives. The core responsibilities of this role include:
- eliciting, researching and analyzing business requirements for all of business and corporate units
- providing recommendations and options to the business using finance expertise on application design and business process improvement based on analysis
- preparing and executing test plans and supporting users conducting testing activities
- providing support to IT staff and users during the development and post deployment phase of projects
The candidate will be involved in a wide variety of projects in support of the business such as; Business Process Improvement initiatives, enterprise-wide strategic initiatives such as the development of an Electronic Health Record, and Finance and HR- related projects. These are enterprise-wide systems used in thousands of locations across the US.
- Acts as a liaison between the project sponsors within the business unit and the Operations Systems group to facilitate the identification of process improvements, system requirements and design, testing and implementation of large and/or complex technical projects, often requiring coordination of multiple functional areas.
- Conducts needs and impact analysis on business requests searching for ways to link programs, processes, and systems throughout the organization to achieve optimal efficiency and reusability. Considers how current organizational programs and systems will be impacted by future development.
- Understands the overall vision and can also address or respond to specific requirements details
- Analyzes and provides recommendations on major projects and system enhancements to the decision makers.
- Facilitates requirements interviews and workshops with project stakeholders
- Analyzes and defines user requirements and translate them into system requirements to ensure understanding of the request by all project members.
- Documents data requirements and conducts data analysis for integration and conversion efforts.
- Creates business models to support requirements language.
- Collaborates with other IT disciplines to ensure continuity between requirements, design, and testing on or between project teams.
- Participates as a part of one or more project teams using modified Agile for software delivery
- Brings expertise of Business Analysis discipline to the team helping project management, business participants, developers and other technologists adopt best practices for the software development lifecycle.
Apply on company website